Job description / Role
Project: A major mixed-use development project in Saudi Arabia.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior logistics manager to join our established and growing team in KSA.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Establishing and managing the strategic logistics plan for a multi-client, multi-contractor, multi-plot construction district.
• Preparing logistics proposals to support delivery.
• Ensuring that the construction teams are fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
• Planning site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (i.e. hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy and catering).
• Planning internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people.
• Creating a secure site.
• Overseeing the traffic management internally and externally.
• Creating operational procedures and method statements.
• Organising site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
• Creating a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics attendance at site meetings.
• Planning and integration of key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of onsite space and time where appropriate.
• Managing sub-contractor to deliver their package of goods or services.
• Managing the variation control and early communication of foreseeable change.
• Utilising business management system procedures.
• Keeping a record of key performance indicator (KPI) production.
• Ensuring method statements, risk assessments and lifting plans are produced.
• Defining and organising all site signage to the agreed corporate standard.
• Ensuring that signage and signage symbols used are internationally recognised.
• Ensuring additional languages are used in signage to ensure messages are understood.
• Maintaining an asset register of all equipment.
• Ensuring all equipment is inspected, maintained and tested to agreed frequencies.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You must have experience of programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
|Saudi Arabia||15 Apr|
Head of Supply Chain
|Saudi Arabia||24 Apr|
Supply Chain Manager
Nestle Middle East
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Project Manager