Senior Maintenance Engineer
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Reporting to the Group Director of Engineering, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises all engineering team, duty roaster planning and management.
- Checks event orders and meeting any engineering requirements arising, including outside catering, festivals etc.
- Ensures that the planned preventive maintenance is adhered to and records kept up to date.
- Ensure availability of materials and spare parts before start of shift.
- Assist, as directed, to perform other Engineering tasks as business demand requires.
- Follow all standard operating procedures of Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel and Engineering department.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous condition.
- To maintain the cleanliness safety of work areas at all times.
- Ensures control and distribution of trouble reports, breakdown reports.
- Ensures control of store material issues to support day-to-day maintenance and repairs requirements.
- Assigns duties to engineering team members accordingly.
- Liaises with sectional managers regularly for the update of ongoing works and projects.
- Ensures day-to-day repairs are effectively done, through prompt attention to emergencies and break downs especially in guest areas.
- Provides competent hands-on skills to ensure all hotel systems including, mechanical, electrical, sewage, plumbing, heating and lighting are maintained in good working order and to ensure any defects are corrected promptly and properly.
- Ensures all hotel fixtures, fittings and equipment are maintained in good working order and that defects are corrected promptly.
- Undertakes regular inspections of the building and report back any defects and repairs that require further action to the Group Director of Engineering.
- Ensures quality workmanship by all sections.
- Ensures material quality meets the required standards.
- Ensures proper usage of materials.
- Ensures engineering store is adequately stocked and not running out.
- Ensures purchase requests on store and direct items are made as per re-order levels.
- Ensures purchase requests raised has enough and detailed specifications to ensure high good quality materials are sourced.
- To perform other task, including cross exposure, as directed, or multi-skill in any other section.
- Perform other duties requested by the Group Director of Engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- International experience an asset.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player.
- Minimum 3-5 years as Maintenance Manager (hotel or service environment preferred).
- Engineering degree/diploma or similar qualifications.
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department requirements.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, Able to rephrase, or "translate" fairly technical information into terms which a layperson may easily understand.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, changing conditions and priorities.
- Ability to effectively review, assess and modify work as needed to ensure continual progress towards desired results.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects concurrently with a focus on results.
- Excellent teamwork skills and high level of initiative essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement with current knowledge on cutting edge technologies.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with Property Operations.
- Excellent Knowledge of Building HVAC operations, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of blue prints; reading, understanding and analyzing Experience and or working knowledge of Auto-Cad preferred.
- Must have experience in managing Capital Budgets.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.