Job description / Role
EY is the leading Big-4 professional services firm committed to creating a Better Working World. Fast pace of today's business cycle as well as the rapid developments in business, operational and technological space present rapid growth opportunities as well as create uncertainties for today's business leaders and workforce. EY Technology Risk Consulting team is fully engaged with these developments that are rapidly reshaping the entire industries and economies leading to a redefining of their risk profiles.
Within MENA region, EY is actively engaged with all sectors of the economy and actively supporting the vision of national leaderships especially in the GCC countries. EY is dedicated to help our clients in all sectors anticipate the uncertainty they face in doing their business and work closely with them to help effectively manage the Risk. Technology is a major component underpinning the transformation programs. EY Risk Advisory and especially Technology Risk team is currently looking for scaling up the capabilities and the skills on hand to serve increasing demands of our clients in their sophisticated technology environments.
In your role as a Senior Manager with EY MENA Consulting, you will be among the senior executives of EY Technology Risk competency operating as one team across different MENA offices to serve our MENA clients. You will contribute to our account centric growth strategy focusing on issue-based and competency-driven client needs. That's what differentiates EY in the consulting marketplace.
For these reasons, opportunities with Technology Risk practice lead to tremendous career progression potential. You won't find a culture like this anywhere else, so if you are looking to work with knowledgeable, people-oriented colleagues, this is a great place to be.
Your key responsibilities
- You will help our clients evaluate and enhance their business; with a focus on managing the risk arising from ongoing technology developments and the resultant fast-paced changes in their business and operational processes.
- To make that happen, you will need a strong team and internal network to leverage our intellectual property and lessons learned.
- Everything you will be involved in comes down to providing excellent customer service and guiding EY teams do the same.
- Whether it is working with multiple client teams, advising the clients on IT Risk related matters, or actively working EY account teams and partners in business development activities across various sectors, you will build strong relationships and become a trusted advisor to your clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing guidance and knowledge, participating in performing procedures focusing on complex, judgmental, and/or specialized issues related to technology related risks faced by our clients
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of complex information systems and the client's business/industry.
- Maintaining relationships with client management, managing expectations around work products, timing, and deliverables billing
- Demonstrating excellent project management skills, inspiring teamwork, and responsibility with team members.
- Using current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Focusing on the importance of coaching and developing teams and colleagues, by taking their ideas and giving them the knowledge, skills, and opportunities, they need to deliver
- You will bring energy and ambition to identify and manage business development opportunities
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Proven track record of success in the MENA/GCC region with key clients and industry sectors
- A master's degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline. Alternatively, a degree in business, accounting, or finance, with additional IT qualifications.
- Master's degree will be preferable.
- Around ten (10) years of relevant experience of working as an IT risk consultant for a professional services firm or a public accounting firm, or as a senior executive of a technology company, a financial services company, telecom company, or comparable experience as an IT/IS expert.
- Relevant experience areas include a combination of Digital Trust, IT Risk assessment and management, Enterprise Resilience, Business Continuity, Mobile Technology, Emerging Technologies (Robotics, IoT, Cloud and Blockchain), ERP controls (SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics), systems and networking technologies, Data Analytics, IT/Business process and internal control assessments, internal audit engagements, external audit integration, and/or third-party reporting, etc.
- Strong skills in project management, team management, and client service
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs
Ideally, you will also have
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, and/or CIA certification is essential for long-term growth in the role
- Based on an individual's professional background, area of specialization or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials, or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable.
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
- If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve world-class technology risk management capabilities, while working alongside some of the most knowledgeable individuals in the business, then this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. Plus, we offer:
- International career: with a Big 4 firm in a multi-national environment across MENA.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region