Job description / Role
The Capital Equipment (CE) Valuation and Fixed Asset Management team operates within Valuation & Business Modelling (VBM), which is a fully integrated group providing Valuation, Modelling and Economic Advisory services.
We are looking to recruit a senior professional with significant corporate finance and/or asset valuation experience in order to support the continued growth of our CE and wider VBM business.
We are looking for an individual with strong commercial acumen, an appreciation of fixed assets and management skills. The successful applicant should have sufficient gravitas to have credibility in front of our clients, together with effective team leadership and training skills in order to direct and develop junior members of the team. The individual will need to be a self-starter, with strong business development and communication skills.
CE provides the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments which can last from a couple of weeks up to several months, working and leading a multi-disciplinary team. The focus of the CE team's valuation work may be divided into the following categories:
• Financial reporting – including valuations for impairment, purchase price allocation and IFRS conversion/fair value accounting purposes.
• Collateral and secured lending – including assessment/review of asset portfolios, provision of asset security guidance in accordance with industry standards, and valuations for capital adequacy/collateral purposes.
• Commercial – including market value advice for mergers & acquisition purposes, and mark to market exercises for commercial purposes.
• Taxation – including valuation advice for transfer tax, rating, corporation and capital allowance purposes.
• Corporate restructuring – consensual and statutory reporting related valuation and disposal scenario advice.
• Regulatory - providing modern equivalent replacement cost estimates & depreciated asset values for regulated industries.
• Leasing – providing inputs regarding IFRS and regulatory FS sector reporting, market values, market sector and dynamics reports and residual values utilised in establishing appropriate lease rates and lease portfolio reviews.
• Insurance – providing inputs regarding replacement or reinstatement cost estimates and indemnity values to assist in assessing levels of insurance coverage.
Fixed Asset Management
• Fixed asset register – compile and/or update fixed asset registers utilising physical inventory, technical listings or existing information. This includes tagging, asset hardware, software and linking to technical systems.
• Capital expenditure estimation – utilising valuation techniques to assess likely future capital expenditure required for the existing fixed asset base.
• Depreciation expense – estimate the depreciation expense going forward based on fair value and remaining useful life.
• Provide CE valuation advice, individually and by managing a team of junior team members.
• Lead multi-disciplinary valuation engagements including CE, real estate and business valuation team inputs along with other TAS, Advisory and Assurance teams.
• Appreciate the context in which the valuation and fixed asset management is required by gaining an understanding of our clients’ business issues.
• Gain an appreciation of assets to be valued, researching the sector and analysing companies and capital assets within it.
• Responding to day-to-day queries raised by client and attending client meetings.
• Identifying issues and drawing to attention of associate partner/partner and contributing to discussions.
• Adherence to firm’s QA regime and valuation regulatory reporting standards
• Producing written file note, letter, presentation or report and presenting conclusions to partner.
• Manage engagement from initial budgeting through to final billing, including management of WIP.
• Prepare new business proposals and budgets.
• Deliver valuations on time and to assignment budget and timetable.
• Provide training, guidance and advice to junior team members.
• Develop network of contacts (internal & external).
• Contribute to broader E&Y business (especially TAS and VBM).
• Generate ideas to maximize assignment profitability, supporting revenue generation initiatives
• Pro-actively manage own development.
• Seek regular feedback on individual assignments and regular guidance from counsellor.
• At least 5 years’ corporate finance and/or valuation experience
• Broad appreciation of the relationship of CE and fixed asset management to the overall business
• University degree, preferably in engineering and/or finance/accounting
• Qualified member of RICS/ASA or similar preferred
• Experience of business development activity and success
• Project management skills, leading teams and juggling more than one project at a time
• Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong quantitative skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organizations and clients
• High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
• Analytical in approach
• Strong team player
• Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments
Who we are
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a transaction professional at EY, you'll help clients evaluate, structure and execute their most important deals. You'll work in a dynamic, forward looking environment, in what is currently the only integrated global transaction business worldwide. You'll have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today's transactions arena. We'll help you achieve your potential by giving you leading professional development opportunities.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region