Job description / Role
Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits Team Leader - MENAT
This role will lead a small team of compensation specialists. The team will provide support, guidance and analytical expertise on total compensation practices, policies and programs to enhance the organization’s ability to attract, retain and motivate talented people. This role is responsible for coordinating initiatives and implementing C&B strategy, policies and processes that meet business needs.
• Lead team of compensation specialists; provide direction, assign tasks, define roles and responsibilities, prioritize workload, and handle escalations
• Develop team of specialists and promote professional growth through timely performance feedback, coaching and counseling
• Manage annual salary, long term incentive, and incentive planning processes for the assigned business or client group.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis, including the generation of compensation reports from HRIS systems and creation of models to support business needs, annual HR processes and or regulatory compliance.
• Counsel and partner with HR and management teams on all compensation matters related to assigned business client groups and support staffing activities by conducting job analysis, competitive benchmarking and structuring of new hire and promotion offers.
• Ensure execution of policies and procedures related to pay practices.
• Support the annual market survey data process of benchmarking positions to external surveys and analyzing market data to provide value-added reporting detailing competitive market positioning for the business.
• Monitor industry and external market and provide analysis on the impact of relevant developments in the compensation and benefits areas.
• Partner with HR and management on all compensation matters
• Provide support for any compensation related litigation or regulation compliance for the assigned business or client group
• Create and deliver training to HR, managers, and employees on compensation philosophy and processes, and to employees on executive benefits
• Potentially support the management of variable incentive compensation programs, including modeling, participant tracking, payout calculations, and payment processing and administration
Location is flexible; but preferably in cities /regions with key GE presence
GE Power relocation policy and approval process will be applicable
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• At least 5 years of experience in compensation with expertise in sales plan design, base salary management, variable pay design and administration or in HR with functional knowledge of compensation concepts, systems, and administration
• Ability to shape and influence key C&B strategy in support of business needs, while operating in a challenging environment
• Proven organizational skills with demonstrated attention to details and solid quantitative and analytical background
• Proven ability to interact, communicate and influence a wide variety of audiences, levels and roles inside and outside of business
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Human Resources is preferred.
• Prior experience with HR practices and applicable regulatory knowledge is preferred.
• Prior experience with a global multi-location business is preferred.
• Project management skills including strong process skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to navigate matrix organization.
• Proficient in Excel and competent in the use of HR related systems and tools
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.