Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager – Contract Administration team in Riyadh.
• The Senior Manager Contract Administration will have a detailed knowledge O&M Contracts and consultancy agreements.
• He should be a very experienced negotiator with excellent communications and coordination skills.
• He should have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, in Contract Administration with 10 years at a managerial level.
• He shall have an in-depth knowledge of contract administration including: variations, contractual claims and media/arbitration, certification of payments, bonds, guarantees, KPI and penalty regimes for O&M Contracts.
Roles and Responsibilities
The senior commercial manager is responsible for the management of financial functions of the commercial team and overseeing the commercial managers in their project delivery. This scope includes but is not limited to preparation and financial analysis of tenders, post-contract measurement and commercial issues claim etc. The senior commercial manager is to provide professional guidance and assistance in commercial matters to other staff members within the project management team, particularly to the commercial managers and senior contracts managers. The senior commercial manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
• Supervising the performance of the quantity surveying to ensure quality and timeliness in delivery.
• Preparing tender / bid evaluations and recommendations in coordination with the quantity surveyors and construction managers.
• Ensuring that each senior quantity surveyor runs his or her section to the highest professional standards, that all information is current, and that every member of the team is receiving the information he or she needs to fulfil their responsibilities.
• Provision of all the technical data to the senior commercial manager to be included in the project’s reports and such other reports, exercises or investigations required by the team or client.
• Managing individual commercial managers.
• Preparation of estimates.
• Overseeing the maintenance of change management logs for specific project.
• Reviewing and validating certification of contractor pay applications by consultant.
• Assistance in claim analysis and recommendation to the client.
• Reviewing consultants estimates.
• Establishing and maintaining consistent and adequate administration procedures. These procedures will be followed across the project by the respective quantity surveyors working under the construction managers.
• Identifying, documenting and coordinating with the construction managers to resolve potential issues.
• Analysing information, reporting and recommendations.
• Quantifying and estimating costs for all proposed variations / change orders.
• Participating in all change order negotiations.
• Preparing, as required, cost estimates for each potential change.
• Generating and processing necessary change order documentation.
• Ensuring that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations; and reflecting them accurately in forecast.
• Client facing and leading commercial meetings.
• Financial and risk management and reporting.
• Insurance, guarantees and bonds management.
• Monthly cost reporting and presentations.
• Dispute resolution participation.
• Earned Value Management.
• Coordination with project controls and planning managers.
• Must have a engineering degree from the relevant field (Bachelor Degree and MRICS or similar)
• Must have experience in Rail/Metro Projects
• Must possess 20 years of total experience and experience in UAE 5 years
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).