Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
We are recruiting for a Senior Manager / Director within the Audit Quality & Risk Management (“Q&RM”) group in KSA.
This is a new role that will focus on enhancing the quality of our Audit services for our clients based in the MENA region. You will be working virtually to review quality results, oversee implementation of audit methodology processes and procedures and focus on driving service excellence. This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience within Audit Quality and be directly involved in improving quality metrics, in the MENA region.
Your key responsibilities
• As a Senior Manager / Director, you'll be required to solve contentious or complex issues, support the MENA local partners and build relationships with MENA internal clients and peers.
• You will review recent Quality Review Program results for MENA based clients and identify areas for improvement.
• Working effectively as a virtual team member, you’ll design remedial action where necessary and support the execution of such action.
• As a role model for Quality & Risk Management (“Q&RM”), you'll confirm that Audit teams understand and comply with EY’s Q&RM guidelines as well as communicate significant issues to MENA based partners and other stakeholders.
• You’ll be expected to contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training audit professionals as well as understand and follow workplace policies and procedures and communicate these to all levels of staff.
• Actively establishing internal relationships and identifying and escalating potential business opportunities for EY Rapid Innovation will be essential, as well contributing to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining EY Professionals.
• With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate.
• You'll confirm that the work you deliver is of high quality.
Skills and attributes for success
• Proactivity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
• Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
• This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Professional accounting qualification
• Experience as a Manager or Senior Manager with an Audit firm
• Detailed understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
• Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of IFRS
• Understanding of Q&RM procedures
• Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Proficiency in the Arabic language
• Experience in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region