Job description / Role
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that digitize and transform finance business processes, provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our focus on Digital, technology and innovation, FAAS is focused on deriving insights from financial data that could be the key to unlocking and creating new value. Our Digital transformation practices aims at improving and transforming business processes using digital tools (RPA, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Optical / Intelligent Character recognition, BPM, etc.) Our audit support analytics moves clients toward a "Digital Society," by using "Robotics Process Automation (RPA)" to streamline processes, reducing both resource costs and operational risk.
This is a new and exciting role focusing on demand creation for EY's digital finance solutions (robotics process automation, artificial intelligence, big data, data analytics, visualization, blockchain). In this fast- moving new space you will be the main driver in identifying clients and business development.
Your key responsibilities
- In this exciting new role you will be responsible for business development of our digital offering.
- This will involve collaborating with Partners and clients to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
- You'll participate and manage FAAS engagements, ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
The role will also involve ensuring work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements, delivering effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework, working with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery and monitoring the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget. You will identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client, consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and participate in sales of new FAAS work.
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree with eight plus years of work experience
- At least 3 years of recent experience in delivering digital (RPA, AI, OCR/ICR, Block Chain and Analytics / Big Data) enabled of business process transformation
- Strong advisory / consulting mindset
- Strong ERP Knowledge in of the two main platforms ( SAP FICO/S4 Hana and/or Oracle EBS Financials) is desirable
- Business Process Re-engineering and transformation Skills
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel across the MENA region to manage client engagements
Ideally, you'll also have
- An undergraduate or master's degree in computer science/ engineering and / or other appropriate academic major will be beneficial
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region