Senior Manager/Director - Product Design & Innovation
Ernst & Young
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Senior Manager/Director - Product Design & Innovation - Digital Transformation - KSA
In recent years, citizens and organizations services have been disrupted and transformed by digital technology, and by the rise of government digital transformation mandates. As a design and innovation consulting professional, you will collaborate with different teams to help businesses define their digital strategy and aspirations, design digital products and experiences and solve their digital and innovation challenges. As part of a high-performing team, you'll deliver exceptional client service to create engaging, intuitive solutions for our key digital transformation programs.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage that technology offers, we are committed to helping you develop the right skills that you'll need in today's environment. Working on programs that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the outstanding EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are building a Digital Transformation Consulting Services and Design practice across the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and are recruiting senior digital strategist and enterprise wise designers and product managers for our local team. You will have the opportunity to incubate new digital transformation services propositions and ventures, and to get involved in some of the most important and transformative initiatives across the Middle East and Africa, Europe or India, and work with high performing teams both here and overseas. You will be required to travel to clients based abroad.
We're looking for a 'Product Design & Innovation Manager' (Manager / Senior Manager / Director level) to join our team in our KSA office.
This is a hands-on role in which you will be responsible for design centric workstreams of programs, shaping outcomes, managing client relationships, and helping grow the design practice.
In this role, you will participate throughout the entire design process-from inspiration and research to building prototypes, communicating a vision, bringing to life integrated digital-physical experiences through products and services.
If you've been part of multi-disciplinary digital and innovation projects, have been involved in incubating new digital ventures, have collaborated with a broad range of stakeholders, interacted with clients, mentored, and supported designers, designed impactful experiences and contributed towards the design community, then this role is for you.
Your Key Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for leading our client projects, shaping the deliverables, client relationships, and wider team. You'll also be involved in developing proposals and bids, and actively contributing to thought leadership and internal operational initiatives.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Understand a client's business, customers, and operations quickly, and develop mental, visual and verbal models to help clients understand opportunities, challenges and leverage points
- Understand the state-of-the-art, for the client's use case
- Develop actionable strategies that help our clients solve their most intractable and complex challenges, in order to accelerate growth and deliver long-term value
- Collaborate effectively with subject matter experts as well as the organization's operations, business development, financial, commercial, and technical teams to achieve the optimal design
- Engage clients to test understanding, refine requirements and develop tailored and compelling solutions
- Distill business, customer, and partner constraints into digestible components for the design team, deliver designs, and convert the design into implementable and scalable solutions
- Define roadmaps, business, service models or operating models that deliver on strategy
- Participate in the agile delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage our sales pipeline, identify opportunities within existing clients, and driving sales activity all the way through close
- Be willing to travel across the Middle East, India, and Africa
- Champion Digital Design within the Government and Public sector and work with teams to design and scale digital transformation strategies and services.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
We are looking for someone who has a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, who has experience across different sectors, and who has a passion for bringing market-leading offerings and new ventures to market.
- You are entrepreneurial, you do the maximum with the minimum . You have strong commercial awareness and take smart risks. You understand how to use resources that you do not own, and find creative ways to get a lot done with very little. You are resilient, make smart decisions, and have a bias-for-action.
- You are an excellent verbal and visual communicator . You ask good questions, listen well, and quickly make sense of complexity. You present your ideas in a way that makes a lasting impression. You put together great visual reports and presentations that bring clarity and insight. You sketch while you are speaking, to illustrate that you understand and to inspire your audience to build on what you are saying.
- You deal in information and analysis . When faced with a problem or ambiguity, you know how to find the right people and information to find solutions. Information to you is an asset, and you pay attention to nuances, and are aware of what information you do not have. You are curious, always trying to understand the why, and asking "what if".
- You facilitate change and motivate action . You understand how to facilitate a group of people to engage in critical thinking and drive towards an outcome. You know how to take on different perspectives and come to alignment. You are aware of and try to overcome biases. You build a convincing case, based on trust and evidence. Others are motivated to follow your lead, and help you accomplish your goals.
You know how to lead, and are passionate about people . You understand how to connect and build productive and trusting relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. You know how to manage conflict and divergent interests. You demand the best from yourself and others around you, and support others to produce their best and go beyond their limits.
You learn rapidly, eagerly, and constantly . You read widely and understand the drivers of economies, business, technology, and people. You enjoy sharing, applying, and contributing what you learn. You enjoy being challenged. You champion your own development, and are hungry for feedback on how you can grow.?
You are Impactful . You bring positive energy into the room, grounded in trust, caring, and gratitude. You are smart and focused about priorities and are able to accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You are purpose-driven and have created successful results in your own personal life, at work, and in your community.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A Bachelor's, Master's Degree or PhD in business management, economics, engineering, computer science or other scientific fields
- Have experience in either:
* strategy or design consulting
* founding a startup
* building digital products and services
* leading a corporate data or digital transformation
- Have at least 7 years' work experience
- Good written and spoken English, and Arabic as a bonus
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
- Experience within the Government sectors and the Transformation happening
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Experience in digital platform for large scale enterprises
- Experience in customer experience (CX) and customer journey assessment, design and enhancement digitally
- Experience in a Scrum-based production process
- Experience defining or working with a design system
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. On top of that, you get opportunities for:
- Meaningful impact : We want you to bring your unique voice and purpose to our team, and use EY as a platform for the issues you care about. With EY's mission of building a better working world, you have the opportunity to make an impact on society, culture and community through your work.
- Growth and learning : You will be immersed in a rich learning environment from the knowledge you acquire in your work, EY's educational resources, travel opportunities, and mentorship from your peers.
- Career Prospects : We will provide the support you need to be successful, so you can own your own engagements and be responsible for Client success. We do not set limits on growth, meaning that your promotion comes as early as you deserve it.
- Wide exposure : You will not only get to work with global clients, but also get the opportunity to work in highly integrated teams across the globe, and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds everyday.
- Great people and culture : Join an empowering and entrepreneurial working environment in which you'll be rapidly building and growing a strategy business that makes a real impact on the market. You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region