Job description / Role
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY is looking for a Senior Manager to join the team in Riyadh, KSA, to lead our project delivery within the Energy sector, specifically power and utilities. This is an opportunity to work in a rapidly changing market with huge career growth potential.
Your key responsibilities
• As a Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for participating and /or managing energy sector FAAS engagements, while collaborating with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
• To this end you’ll ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented; ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
In addition identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client will be essential as well consulting with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and participating in sales of new FAAS work.
Skills and attributes for success
• Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
• Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
• This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and approximately seven years of related work experience
• At least two years of experience working in a Manager capacity
• Understanding and experience of accounting transformation and advisory within the power and utility sector
• CPA / CA / ACCA certification
• Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
• Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
• Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
• Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
• Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally you’ll also have
• Proficiency in the Arabic language
• Experience in the Middle East & North Africa region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.