Job description / Role
Senior Manager - Fund Administration, responsible for daily fund operations such as fund accounting, NAV calculations, PNL calculations, Reconciliations, Fees calculations, investor accounting, security clearance, performance reporting. The successful candidate will also Monitor accounting and record-keeping processes to ensure timely and accurate reports.
Our Client is One of the leading Sharia-Compliant real estate and principal investment firm specializing in growth capital, buyouts and pre-IPO stakes, providing services to the high networth individuals and institutional clients.
* Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
* Manages and controls various functions in fund accounting and operations group to ensure timely and accurate product/service. Prepares schedule of assignments or directs subordinate coordinators to ensure processing is completed within timeframe.
* Provides technical expertise for new or complex accounts and oversees new accounts on an on-going basis to ensure that reporting needs are met. Determines most efficient method of setting up or processing accounts.
* Provides management reporting on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity, new development and service impact to portfolio managers and other related parties.
* Cultivates and maintains working relationship with relationship managers and other operations areas to ensure investor accounting activity meets client needs.
* Assists portfolio managers, and staff with problem resolution. Consults on effective ways to meet operational needs or appropriate method to be used for resolution of an error.
* Interacts with various operations areas to improve processes, oversee software installations, and research processing problems or resolve inter departmental inquiries.
* Provides on-going hands-on training of experienced staff.
* Performs work of the team where volume or absence warrants.
* Prepare of financial statements for all the funds under management and respond to queries from auditors.
* Prepare plans and schedules non-recurring activities such as audit, sharia audit, compliance review, new account set up, VAT profiles, etc.
* Manages an accounting operations group. Conducts the performance management process, provides input for hiring and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff
* Day to day management of the Portfolio Accounting (APX) and Investor Accounting (Tradex) software.
* Plan for improvement and new features on the system, coordinate with vendors and get updated.
* Monitor the latest versions of the systems and ensures implementation of the same after adequate testing.
* Take over manual accounting of Capital Market, Real Estate and Proprietary Capital divisions' manual accounting process step by step and migrate to systems.
* Take over new accounts, decide on the best practices based on the available resources and systems and industry practices and standards, stabilize and hand over to team members. Monitor and ensure that the team members deliver up to the expectation.
* Take care of the user creations and access controls until this function is taken over by relevant IT or BPA teams.
* Define operations work flow on the system (Tradex). Make presentations to other teams such as compliance, business development where ever their involvement is required. Ensure relevant access levels are allowed to these teams.
* Coordinate with system vendors and make sure that the services as per the agreement are delivered with accuracy. Test the system and approve the developments done by the vendors. Report errors.
* Troubleshot issues with system and fix day to day operational issues with the systems and take corrective actions.
* Learn the additional features in the system and use this to the best of the company without additional costs.
* Evaluate and plan for automation of various operational activities.
* Competitive Tax free Salary
* Business sense (ability to manage stakeholders effectively) and Control (IA, Risk & Compliance) sense (CMA compliance experience absolute must)
* Knowledge of financial industry operations, including fund accounting and administration services, usually acquired through experience in related areas, is required to ensure accuracy.
* Knowledge of fund accounting and portfolio management systems and expert knowledge of capital market operations and calculations are required for day to day operations.
* Strong knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations.
* Strong knowledge of the applicable accounting standards
* Understanding of the local markets, current trends in related area
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.