Job description / Role
Our GCR and TARAS tax service lines operate as a team of highly experienced tax professionals who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of a MENA team of more than 300 tax professionals in 16 countries across 21 offices, you will be responsible for leading a team providing high quality tax accounting and tax audit services to clients across a range of industries. You will also lead a team looking after service delivery, co-ordination, issue resolution, and contract management of large scale projects where you will need to manage and coordinate the delivery of tax services by EY teams in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- You will combine strong technical skills with practical commercial, legislative and industry knowledge to lead a team that supports our assurance team in providing tax accounting and tax audit services under IFRS.
- You will be responsible for a team that will work with our tax and accounting professionals to help manage our clients' compliance and reporting needs. You will establish, maintain and strengthen valued internal and external relationships and ensure that the services delivered to clients is of the highest quality.
- You will be responsible for the overall management of client engagements, monitor progress and deliverables, put in place the necessary standardized processes, anticipate and identify risks, resolve or escalate issues as appropriate and drive performance-improvement solutions. You will also assist partners to generate new business opportunities, build client networks and to grow our GCR client base in the region by driving marketing and business development initiatives.
- You'll create, lead and motivate high performing teams and build a positive learning culture, coaching and counseling team members to help them develop. You will be responsible for managing engagement economics and communicating significant issues, fees and estimates-to-complete to partners and clients. You will also be responsible for ensuring adherence to our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines.
Skills and attributes for success
- If you are an excellent communicator and detail oriented professional with a strong track record of management experience who is comfortable working across borders with a wide network of people and with large amount of data, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials - taxation, accounting, business, finance or a related field essential. MBA, Masters or another related advanced degree would be a plus
- A very strong background in tax accounting and tax auditing, ideally within a large professional services company or similar environment
- A strong track record of managerial, organizational and project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Ideally, you'll also have
- Accounting/tax professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ADIT)
- A thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- In-depth commercial, legislative and industry knowledge
What we look for
We're interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We're not just looking for technical knowledge experience - we're after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you're a confident and experienced leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.