Job description / Role
Company: (Aecom - Neom Project )
Our client is one of the kingdom’s largest urban design and civil infrastructure consultancies.
• Manage the Engineering Standards Innovation sub function.
• Establish and manage the NEOM’s Innovation coordination office within the department.
• Coordinate innovation amongst NEOM’s Economic Sectors and departments.
• Investigate a wide range of new technologies and innovative solutions to transform the NEOM vision into unique technical procedures, standards and codes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Establish and operate the NEOM innovation coordination office.
• Develop and manage innovation flow chart and approval process.
• Develop innovation initiatives and implementation strategies, policies and planning into execution.
• Review Engineering/Technical Innovative solutions and technologies to ensure its alignment with NEOM codes &standards and with NEOM vision strategies, systems, objectives, and KPI’s.
• Stay up to date with the industry cutting edge engineering technologies, innovative solutions, and market trends through research, conferences, and seminars engagements.
• Provide technical assistance to NEOM entities during implementation of new innovations and technologies.
• Arrange for knowledge sharing activities and introduce new innovations through seminars, presentations and workshops.
• Facilitate training sessions with NEOM Sectors and Departments on any technologies deemed ready for installation
• Continually review NEOM processes and procedures for innovative means of improving efficiencies of the planning, procurement, feasibility, design, tendering, construction, hand-over, operation, and maintenance of projects' phases.
• Perform technical and commercial reviews and evaluations and provide recommendations for implementation of new innovations and their effects of integrating into new or existing, facilities.
• Work closely with NEOM departments to ensure that innovation initiatives are well communicated.
• Perform technical evaluations and commercial evaluations of services contracts.
• Prepare and give technical presentations and training regarding NEOM’s Engineering/Technical and innovation technique.
• Coach and mentor in bringing through identified talent, growing the pool of locals and internationals.
• 15+ years’ proven experience in a technical and innovation capacity preferably with both consultants and programming / software / hardware and research and development entities.
• Ability to interact with all levels including executive management and influence decision-making.
• Experience in adopting artificial intelligence or advance technologies is a plus.
• Experience in a Large cooperate engineering/technology company is a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge of international engineering and technology standards and trends in design, engineering and technology.
• Up to date knowledge of the latest trends in engineering and technology such as artificial intelligence, machine learning in engineering, the internet of things, software, 7D BIM, modularized construction, 3D printing, augmented/ virtual reality, the fourth industrial revolution, 5G networks, smart additive manufacturing, renewables and green design, robotics, bio-technology, drones and autonomous vehicles/ technologies, smart city planning and design and similar.
• Knowledge in obtain technology-based patent.
• Strong analytical and creativity skills.
• A visionary and creative thinker, passionate about new technologies, research and development.
• Ability to propose and adopt new technologies and innovative solutions into practice.
• Proficiency in English.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or science related field.
• Master’s Degree in science or similar field is a plus.
• PhD is a plus
• Membership of a professional association is a plus
• Published technical research papers, conducted training, seminars, etc. is a plus
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Currie & Brown
Senior Manager – Engineering Standards and Codes Neom
|Saudi Arabia||14 Jul|
Project Manager - Hotel/Mixed Use - Consultancy