Senior Manager - Law
Ernst & Young
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
In today's ever-changing and interconnected world, organizations working across borders require access to constant, effective, and accurate legal advice to ensure both ethical and business compliance throughout their operations. Our globally recognized EY Law service line does exactly that and more with over 2000 lawyers covering more than 83 jurisdictions, allowing us to deliver exceptional legal advice to our clients and resolve complex business challenges for a better working world.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our EY Law practice based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as a Corporate and Commercial Law Lawyer at the Manager level, where you will have the chance to work with many high-profile organizations on a range of diverse and interesting employment law matters as part of the business they do with other service lines within EY.
You can expect to be involved in a multitude of complex corporate and commercial law projects across multiple countries within the Middle East, helping our clients deal with the evolution of their business and provide them with valuable corporate and commercial advice, including day-to-day advice.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning to support your growth as a law professional and extend that same development to others within your team.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will spend your time managing the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding corporate and commercial law projects, ensuring technical and practical excellence to maximize client service quality. In doing so, you will also build and maintain new and existing client relationships both internally and externally. Additionally, you will also contribute to the growth of the law practice by developing and implementing growth strategies for your area.
As part of a global entity, you can also expect to manage leads and opportunities from other areas of the law practice and the wider EY network and help them do the same.
Moreover, you will be a core contributor to the development of the legal practice through initiatives such as delivering internal training, developing precedents, sharing knowhow, participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publications.
Finally, you will also help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring other members of your team while simultaneously adhering to EY's protocols and policies for client engagements and interactions.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- We are looking for someone who will create a distinctive and differentiated law brand with us: this role is best suited for law professionals who have worked in established law firms, and who wish to develop their career with this greenfield opportunity by being part of a growing team looking to create a new and successful legal practice.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least 7 years of post-qualification experience as a qualified lawyer from a reputable legal practice environment in the Saudi.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills with regards to Saudi corporate and commercial law.
- Comprehensive prior experience in delivering corporate and commercial law advice in the Saudi to companies of all legal forms, including but not limited to areas such as structuring and re-structuring, corporate transactions (M&A and JVs), market entry, route-to-market, and contracts advice.
- Strong client relationship-building capabilities combined with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, self-management, and project management skills.
- The ability to create, sustain, and lead effective work teams.
Ideally, you also have:
- The ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically .
- An enthusiastic, flexible and positive approach to work and challenges.
- Great negotiation skills.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly.
- Keenness to continue developing your legal skills and engaging in new areas of work.
- Experience in coaching and developing more junior staff.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region