Job description / Role
We are seeking to recruit Senior Manager/ Manager - VAT to provide a wide range of VAT advisory and compliance services to a large portfolio of clients and to manage all aspects of VAT engagements. To grow and develop the business unit by targeting new clients, developing new products/service offerings and building on existing client relationships. To mentor, train and grow teams.
* Drafting and review of VAT opinions on various issues, including inward and outbound investments, treaty interpretation, mergers and acquisitions and listings/IPO.
* Assisting with transaction services, including tax due diligence, deal structuring and implementation, and post deal implementation tax assistance.
* Responsibility for managing the VAT compliance review process for a large number of corporate tax clients.
* Develop relevant tools and processes to assist and improve compliance work flow.
* Preparing responses to and liaison with relevant tax authorities.
* Keeping up to date with changes to legislation relating to the relevant VAT legislation and disseminating tax information to the team and clients.
* Ensuring that all engagements are compliant with firm risk management procedures.
* Analyze problems, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information.
* Providing leadership and direction to designated teams.
* Mentoring and guiding junior employees.
* Evaluating performance of team.
* Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realize their full potential.
* Acting as a first choice point of contact for clients and managing project costs, raising fees and agreeing dates for cash collection.
* Building strong relationships with existing clients and actively engaging in business development initiatives, including preparing for and presenting tax seminars, training and lectures and writing press articles and tax newsletters.
* Ensuring effective and timeous communication with clients on tax engagements.
* Drafting key documents such as tax opinions, tax due diligence reports, tax computations, etc, and presenting to clients.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Able to understand and interpret VAT regulations and laws.
* Able to take a commercial view on advice.
* Highly analytic.
* Strong business development skills/experience.
* Fluent in English, written and verbal.
* Proficiency in Arabic an advantage.
* Able to clearly communicate in a concise manner.
* Graduate with a GPA of 3 / 4 or above, preferably in an Accounting or Law related degree.
* 8 -10 Years relevant work experience in a VAT Advisory role
* Qualified Tax Accountant or Tax Lawyer
* Proven business development experience
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Manager - VAT