Job description / Role
The role of Senior Manager for Media Innovation & Technology will be to foster innovation in the Media Hub and adoption of latest technologies.
A major organisation in KSA.
* Identify technologies (current and future) that should be considered for the media campus
* Ensure that industry technological requirements are identified and incorporated during the development of the Media Hub
* Liaise with Tech & Digital team to promote, foster and pilot/roll-out tech for Media Sector
* Conduct field tests and identify quick wins that will contribute to the sector acceleration
* Design pilot programs that can be launched prior to 2023 to accelerate the sector development
* Recognize promising ideas and find ways to introduce them into the Sector's future plans and discards ideas that are ineffective, costly, or beyond the scope of the company's mission or abilities to develop
* Strategizes with team members to transform general ideas into workable solutions
* Analyze existing practices in the media industry to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement
* Establish thought leadership and presence in industry events/forums
* Ensure that the Industry Technology capability develops and operates with a culture of best practice that is sustainable
* Oversee and successfully manage third party relationships with key partners, alliances, clients, entities and other stakeholders to ensure objectives and desired outcomes are achieved
* Develop a commercially viable offering across the Media sector that meets local, regional & international industry needs and is considered to be an innovative market leader Project management
* Lead and direct Technology & Innovation initiatives to meet sector's strategic imperatives
* Set up teams and capabilities, shaping a long-term capability
* Allocate resources to maintain the organization's existing agenda while accounting for new projects
* Manage the process and monitor the progress of innovation & tech initiatives and adjust the pace or direction of new projects in accordance
* Keep all new projects in line with the sector's strategy and maintains consistency with the sector's message and offering
* Develop budget and KPIs for sector activation and broader sector development
* P&L input and management for the approved initiatives
* Day-to-day hands-on management of initiatives in alignment with sector leadership and managing stakeholders, suppliers and industry players from concept to completion
* Drive best in class sector activation initiatives in compliance with industry standard health, safety and security, contracts and procurement, data privacy, and brand and visual identity guidelines
A very exciting opportunity with a competitive package.
* 15+ years experience in an experience in innovation / technology leadership position within the Media industries
* Track record of successful end-to-end delivery of event projects and programs, from briefing and conceptualisation through to onsite management, execution, and evaluation.
* Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
* Ability to lead and manage teams
* Presence, credibility and proven record in developing relationships, negotiating with Stakeholders, Partners, Providers, and Clients to deliver objectives
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Solid understanding of financial management
* Experience of working in Saudi Arabia or the Middle East is preferable
* Bachelor's or Master's degree is preferred
* Relevant industry qualifications
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.