Job description / Role
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk Management and IA landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to address compliance, financial, and operational risks as well as perform internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis.
To make that happen, you will need a strong team and internal network to leverage our intellectual property and lessons learned. You will also need to draw upon your implementation and client experiences to help our clients implement a proficient design and to understand how to effectively manage the organizational change in their environment.
We will also look to you to build strong relationships with our clients to help them effectively address their complex issues.
Skills and attributes for success
• Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues. Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and advise clients to understand and manage their business risks and verify the validity of their business information
• Brief the engagement team on the client's IA environment and industry IA trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, and operational risks along with performing internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis.
• Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
• Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
• Communication across functions (internal and external to EY) to identify and document functional requirements.
• Focus on the importance of coaching and developing teams and colleagues, by taking their ideas and giving them the knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to deliver.
• Energy and ambition to identify and manage business development opportunities.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's or master's degree
• A minimum of 10 years of experience working in Risk Management and internal Audit.
• Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) assessing internal controls frameworks, including testing of design and operational effectiveness. (b) developing risk remediation strategies. (c) performing and interpreting gap analysis (d) experience in Enterprise Resource Management and related risk analysis, process analytics, and business intelligence.
• Strong understanding of internal controls or regulatory compliance models (i.e. SOX, FDA, FERC/NERC etc.)
• Strong skills in project management, team management, and client service
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline
• CPA, CIA, CMA, or related certification is a must
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.