Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transactions Diligence Senior Manager, you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Diligence network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company's finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
EY has an established, industry leading Transaction Diligence practice across MENA. We are looking for an experienced Financial Due Diligence professional to join us as a Senior Manager.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager within the Transaction Diligence team, you will analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management. You will manage the project teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY. You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
You will plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client. You will understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback. In addition, you will help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. As part of your role in the wider team, you will have a role to play in other team initiatives - for example, account management, client service framework, and recruitment.
Skills and attributes for success
- Individuals with strong analytical skills will flourish in this environment as you will regularly assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and prepare analyses of financial information to assess trends and fluctuations.
- Good communication skills will also be a key attribute for success within this role as you will be required to assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Transaction Support or due diligence
- Chartered Accountancy, CFA, or similar professional qualification
- Ability to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions.
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you'll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
- Proficiency in Arabic
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region