Job description / Role
Who we are:
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing:
Our Senior Marketing Executive is responsible for providing professional support in a wide range of marketing activities, working closely with Brand Executives, commercial and administrative teams. The job holder is also responsible for interpreting, adapting and planning brand marketing plans, keeping in mind the brand standards and budgets.
Advertising and Promotional Activities:
- Assist in building marketing plan / calendar for the different chains/brands/ markets in close co-operation with the Department Manager and the brand's marketing departments
- Be involved in all aspects of marketing and media from planning, advertising, promotions, public, media relations, product development and research
- Build, maintain and update good database (CRM) through consolidate information from shop floors
- Carry out local market research, customer survey, assessing customer demands, brand positioning, monitor competitors' activities, and evaluating market campaigns
- Channel all suppliers and customers information (animation / training / launch plan) to stores/shop managers, area, and department and division manager
- Communicate all required information about animation / visibility to the suppliers
- Coordinate with advertising agencies and clients on media plans
Customer Data Base:
- Define the media and PR plan by briefing the advertising agency
- Ensure preserving the image of the brand at the POS by respecting its merchandising guidelines
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Follow all relevant Division policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
- Follow up closely on the plans' implementation, schedule and activities in all concerned markets
- Handle the marketing plan forecast and the marketing plan orders
- Handle translation of all the documents
- Inform purchasing supervisor about marketing activities to ensure the availability of the stock timeframe
- Liaise with the different department (regional marketing team, Euro RSCG) to build the latter
- Manage and coordinate with concerned parties for the production of marketing materials being from leaflets, visuals, podiums, flyers, and preparing necessary photo shoots to pro reading press releases
- Manage the various marketing budgets to organize corporate above the line and below the line promotional / advertising activities and corporate items purchase
- Marketing and Promotional Plans
- Meet and discuss with local suppliers for all marketing bookings and animations
- Monitor windows, podiums and any other promotional area ensuring promotional activities throughout the year, in coordination with the design department (3D)
- Organise, attend events, and exhibitions
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
- Plan and follow-up on promotions in coordination with the different area managers and the training and promotion manager
- Prepare monthly management report comparing the budget verses the stock
- Prepare monthly updated report of expenses
- Present the various marketing plans to the stores/ shop managers and ensure its proper implementation
- Secure sponsorship to assist with the publicity and funding of marketing projects
- Send the catalogues, new price lists and miscellaneous information to the customers
- Splitting the media investments by product line and by media support to respect the brand's media strategy and the total budget initially set by the Area Manager/ Department Manager
- Work in coordination with commercial team and list objectives for main customers
What you'll need to succeed:
- University Degree in Marketing or any relevant field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role
What we can offer you:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.