Job description / Role
We are looking to hire Senior Material Coordinator Engineering - Piping
This job role is to ensure:
• Creation of Part ID in the Material Management System as per the material descriptions.
• Maintenance of Material Classification and Coding System Structure.
• Maintenance of Corporate Part IDs database
The Senior Material Coordinator Engineering - Piping who will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Bulk, drawings-wise & spool-wise Material Take Off (MTO) entry into the Material Management System.
• To define material specifications for various applications in rigs/ships.
• Updating of weight, surface area and other fabrication details in the database.
• Preparation of Material Requisitions (MR) along with all necessary attachments such as specifications, datasheets etc., as per guidance from engineers.
• Assist in preparation of bid MTO.
• Data entry of MTO in the Material Management System.
• Co-ordination as required with other Department and Suppliers regarding materials.
• Support bids and proposal as required.
• To ensure the materials are track & monitored as per project requirement and schedule.
• Ensure compliance to HSES policies and procedures as applicable.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable information security policies and procedures.
• Design work in Rig and Ship building - 80% of the time approx.
• Coordination / communication (internal and external) - 10% of the time approx.
• Progress of project deliverables / commitments - 10% of the time approx.
• ITI Draughtsmanship in Mechanical or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5 + years in any engineering company. Preference will be given for those had worked in ship and rig building yard, major construction yard, EPC contractor and/or consultant company as material controller/coordinator in engineering department.
Professional Qualifications (Certifications & Accreditations):
• Preferred - Any additional certification / training on CAD tools, piping engineering and material control systems.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• Good knowledge of International Codes and Standards, Marine Regulations & Classification Rules.
• Good knowledge and experience in material specification in rig/ship building applications.
• Experience in AutoCAD, PDMS / AVEVA for reading drawings and preparing MTO.
• Proficient in MS office applications in Excel and Word .
• Good communication skills (both written & verbal) with ability to interact across multiple disciplines.
• English. (Mandatory)
• Arabic / Others (desirable)
About the Company
Established in 1984
TRS works around the world finding and connecting the best talent with businesses and organisations that: design, build, operate, maintain or support the production of goods and services for a variety of industry sectors covering; oil, gas, chemicals, infrastructure, life sciences, manufacturing, mining, power, renewable energy and public sector.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Material Supervisor Site – Oil & Gas
Quest Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||7 Jun|