Job description / Role
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works as part of an engineering design team. This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with Discipline Leads.
• Engineering Design
• Team Leading
• Resource management
• Client Interface
• Design Coordination
• Interface with Statutory Authorities
• Design Research
• Site back-up
• Mentoring and supervision of junior staff
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate and lead the assigned team of Engineers and Technicians on a daily basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
• Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
• Develop a thorough project delivery strategy.
• Produce detailed scope of services for specialist sub-consultant.
• Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented, and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Actively pursue or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
• Responsible for coordinating QA/QC and review processes on each project responsible for.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Extensive project experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of SSH's commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH's standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements
• Knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Acrobat Professional DC.
• PDF Xchange Editor
• AutoCAD Revit LT Suite
• Navisworks Freedom
• HAP Cooling load software
• McQuay - Pipe and Duct Sizer
• ASHRAE - Psychrometric software
• ASHRE - Duct Fittings Database
• TACO - Hydronic System Solutions HS2
• Manufacturers Fan selection software
• SPC – Heat-Pipe selection software
• Manufacturers AHU selection software
• Diffuser and Grilles selection software
• Completion of five or six-year engineering degree program.
• B.Arch. or B.Sc. in Engineering
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
• International Accreditation.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.