Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design)
Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are looking for Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer in Riyadh, KSA.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, the Atkins office in Riyadh is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
As one of the world's leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, Atkins offers unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in the Middle East and around the world.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience by working with a multidiscipline team of Building Services Engineers providing a comprehensive design service.
- Lead a project teams with the capabilities, tools and processes to provide cost effective Building Services design
- To undertake Mechanical design Services on projects from concept design through to construction issue
- Representing Atkins at meetings with Clients
- Liaise with Local Statutory Authorities
- Technical Report writing
- Engage in Multi discipline coordination and workshops
- Ensure Quality Assurance/Quality control processes have been incorporated in the design
- Technical responsibility for quality associated with design deliverables
- Lead and support the continuous due diligence process and risk mitigation methodologies related to technical services to enable continuous improvement in overall technical operations.
- Have an excellent understanding of sustainability issues including passive design and low and zero carbon or other current technologies.
- Have a working knowledge and use of relevant design software packages, Microsoft Office suite of products. Also have a knowledge of BIM, Revit and associated design management tools.
- Undertake periodic project reviews to ensure technical and programme constraints are met
- Manage own workload and workload of project team members
- Preparing and managing project budgets
- Degree qualified (as a minimum) in Mechanical discipline
- Fully qualified professional and conversant with relevant market knowledge.
- Relevant and appropriate experience of more than 13 years as a Mechanical engineer
- Member of a Chartered institution (or equivalent) with associated relevant experience
- Complete familiarity with all steps of the design process from pre concept to tender/contract documentation
- Must demonstrate ability to act independently, while part of a team
- Experience in delivering projects in conjunction with remote design centres.
- Proven experience working in a design consultancy in the capacity of designer and technical authority.
- Exceptional skills and knowledge of working in a design consultancy with good knowledge of Local and International Codes and Regulations.
- Wider knowledge of integrated design and collaboration with other disciplines highly desirable.
- Financial awareness and the ability to control project finances.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
- Excellent team management and communication skills
- Understands the importance of accuracy and has high attention to detail
- Customer focused, passionate about exceeding the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent planning and time management skills
- Adaptive influencing skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy, persuasion and the courage to challenge.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Get job alerts
x Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Keep up to date with the latest industry news in your market.
Find out what it's really like to work for one of our brands. Be inspired by our career stories and start your career with us.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).