Senior Mechanical Engineer - Static
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The successful candidate will report functionally to the Mechanical Department Manager and on a project basis to the Project Engineering Manager. The candidate will be the discipline engineer on the assigned project and job description will include:
- Mechanical Engineer with experience in oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical and chemical projects in the design and engineering of various types of Static Equipment such as, but not limited to; vessels, columns, heat exchangers, storage tanks, and various packaged equipment.
- Projects will involve both FEED and Detail Design and require experience in development of engineering/procurement documents including data sheets, technical specifications, equipment list, material requisitions (MRs), technical bid evaluations (TBEs) and vendor document review.
- Knowledge of industry codes including API, TEMA and ASME Code is essential.
- Working knowledge of COMPRESS or PVELITE for pressure vessels, ASPEN EDR or Eq for heat exchangers design and AMETANK or Eq for storage tank design is a must.
- Candidate should have ability to interact with internal Engineering/Design disciplines and client during the course of projects .
- Also need good communication skills, interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to work under pressure to meet project milestone.
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering discipline is required
- Min 6 years experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications is required
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment is required
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.