Senior Mechanical / Mechanical Engineer - Remote Area
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
Senior Mechanical / Mechanical Engineer - Remote Areas (Saudi - Um Luj)
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation, and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region
- Responsible for the review of mechanical design contents as assigned together with its follow-up for Authority and Client's approval.
- Responsibilities include mechanical drainage, water supply, gas, HVAC, fire protection and as well as other related mechanical utility systems.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of mechanical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents for the design projects.
- Responsible for the participation in the progress and coordination meetings of the design projects and the preparation of the meeting records.
- Liaison and coordination with all applicable Local Authority Departments to obtain approval on design projects.
- Review of works produced by the mechanical engineers and the necessary coordination with other Atkins discipline Engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design projects.
- Full time degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar from a reputed university.
- A minimum of 11 plus years' in the capacity of for a Mechanical Engineer and 15 plus years' in the capacity of for a Senior Mechanical Engineer site supervision experience of working in Mechanical Building Services Engineering involving HVAC, Controls, Plumbing, PHE, Fire.
- Awareness of variety of concept, scheme and construction design schemes in a number of different sectors.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 working days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
Find out more about life at SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).