Senior Mechanical / Mechanical Engineer (Theme Park experience - 4D/5D BIM Models)
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation, and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 11 plus years' (Mechanical Engineer) and 15 plus years' (Senior Mechanical Engineer) site supervision experience of working in Mechanical Building Services Engineering involving HVAC, Controls, Plumbing, PHE, Fire.
- Awareness of variety of concept, scheme and construction design schemes in a number of different sectors.
- Candidate shall have experience/worked in Theme Parks and Entertainment Complexes.
- Candidate shall be experienced in handling projects using BIM models developed to 4D & 5D levels.
- Candidate shall review the Contractor Model, in managing the project controls (time and budget) through 4D and 5D models.
- Responsible for the review of mechanical design contents as assigned together with its follow-up for Authority and Client's approval.
- Responsibilities include mechanical drainage, water supply, gas, HVAC, fire protection and as well as other related mechanical utility systems.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of mechanical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents for the design projects.
- Responsible for the participation in the progress and coordination meetings of the design projects and the preparation of the meeting records.
- Liaison and coordination with all applicable Local Authority Departments to obtain approval on design projects.
- Review of works produced by the mechanical engineers and the necessary coordination with other Atkins discipline Engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design projects.
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 working days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
Get job alerts
x Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversity and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
We believe in providing everyone with an equal voice because simply put, it's the right thing to do.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).