Job description / Role
Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position.
• This is a technical specialist performing complex technical analysis. Plans, directs and supervises the technical work in a special area. provides technical input to proposals and studies in a specialized area. Serves on committees or panels for technical planning.
• Organizational Relationship: A brief synopsis of reporting relationships i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
• Reports directly to Design Unit Supervisor. Provides technical assistance and direction in a specialized area to subordinates or peers. Interfaces with other departments as required for successful completion of tasks.
Major Activities Performed:
• Functions as a technical expert in performing analysis in specialized area.
• Reviews problem areas, recommends solutions, alternatives and improvements.
• Conducts reviews on technical provisions of work and prepares special technical reports.
• Interfaces with other stakeholders
• Monitors technical activities for the department making recommendations when needed to the Project.
• Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Review / Prepare RFP packages, design drawings, specifications, and calculations submittals and coordinates with the work of other disciplines.
• Reviews vendor and shop drawings, and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
• Prepares interface layouts and conflicts solutions.
• Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
• Supervising the activities of subordinates with in Design Unit, Distribute the related tasks to them, review the output of them. Ensure quality of all documents and its extent to meet Codes and Standards
• Performs detail designs of Electrical Systems, Building services, and infrastructure for residential, commercial and light Industrial projects
• Participate in planning & execution of Annual plan of Design Unit.
Experience and Qualifications:
• A Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized western university plus 12 years’ applicable post-graduate professional experience.
• Excellent communication skills able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
• Must have sound overall experience in designing systems for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities. Must be capable to check designs done by A/Es for medium voltage (13.8kV) and low voltage power, indoor lighting, outdoor and road lighting, grounding, communication, and fire alarm systems.
• Perform engineering analysis of design package submitted by A/Es, including Calculations, power system studies, Drawings, MTO, Vendor Material Specifications, and other deliverables like Construction/Shop drawings.
• Capable of making load estimate calculations, demand load calculation, voltage drop calculations, short circuit calculations, cable sizing, breaker sizing and illumination calculations.
• Used software to perform power system studies on low voltage and medium voltage systems.
• Underground and exposed conduit and cable tray runs.
• Fire protection and communication systems one line diagrams and physical layout of equipment and devices.
• Medium voltage (13.8kV) power distribution one-line diagram and equipment layout of major equipment.
• Medium voltage power distribution layout with cables in duct banks and direct buried and corresponding ampacity calculations.
• Capable of Inter-Organizational Coordination group develop Master plans for MV distribution networks, as input to New Urbanization development projects undertaken by Municipal and City development.
• Must be knowledgeable with the National Electrical Code, IEEE, ANSI, NFPA, IBC and IEC Standards.
• Knowledge for new technologies & concepts such as LEED, BIM etc.
• Candidate must have US Professional Engineering certification (PE)
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Member Technical Staff - Electrical/Electronics
Senior Electrical Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|
Electrical Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE