Job description / Role
• Provides professional low current electronic systems engineering support to the program projects with particular emphasis on reviewing contractor design and construction submittals.
• A brief synopsis of reporting relationships i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
• Member of the Technical Support Services Electrical Engineering Department professional staff. Reports to the Supervising Electrical Engineer.
Major Activities Performed:
• Provide Low Current Electronic System engineering input to assigned projects and programs. Types of low current electronic systems shall be as follows: fire alarm, telecommunications, SCADA systems, telemetry, PLC control, Building Management systems, instrumentation, Telecommunication systems (copper and fiber), Sound systems, Cable television systems, Security systems (access control and monitoring), and other low current systems.
• Functions as a technical expert in performing analysis in Low Current Electronic Systems.
• Reviews and analyzes technical problems and recommends appropriate solutions, alternatives and improvements.
• Conducts reviews on technical provisions of work and prepares technical reports.
• Interfaces and coordinates with other stakeholders to resolve conflicts.
• Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals and coordinates with the work of other disciplines.
• Reviews vendor and shop drawings, and construction materials and/or equipment submittals for low current systems.
• Prepares construction cost estimates for low current electronic systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
• A Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a recognized western university plus 12 years’ post-graduate professional experience.
• Registration in Country of Origin in an Engineering Professional Association (PE) is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Must have broad experience in designing and specifying low current electronic systems for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
• Ability to perform engineering analysis of design package submitted by A/Es, including design calculations, studies, Construction/Shop drawings, and record drawings is required.
• Ability to provide Low Current Electronic System diagrams, specifications, details and physical layout of equipment and devices is required.
• Knowledge in Power distribution (380/220, 400/230, 220/127 volt) is desirable.
• Must be knowledgeable with NFPA Codes, National Electrical Code, EIA/TIA standards, ANSI standards and IEC Standards.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Electrical Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|
Electrical Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Senior Electrical Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||21 Mar|