Job description / Role
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for purchasing and timely delivery of MEP equipment and materials to projects.
Sourcing & Procurement including:
- Preparation of procurement plans for projects
- Compilation of enquiry documents from project teams into RFQ’s and floating enquiries
- Follow up for quotations and preparation of cost comparisons
- Negotiation of price and terms (in line with budget and company policy) and preparation of Purchase Orders
- Manage and follow up for internal commercial approvals
- Support the QS with preparation of payment plans for projects
- Preparation of payment requests for ‘advance’ and other payments.
- Follow up with accounts team to ensure that payments are made on time and update payment tracking schedule.
- Regularly update the Procurement Schedule and assist Project Managers by raising Early Warnings
- Support Value Engineering exercises
- Manage Production/Delivery activities including:
- Preparation of logistic plans for the projects
- Collate importation (SASO/SABER) certification documents from suppliers.
- Follow up suppliers for regular updates on production/shipping status, collate related data (AWB, ETA, etc).
- Regularly update the Logistic Schedule and assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings
- Update and Manage Procurement Related Databases
- Create and update a library of rates
- Create and update a supplier database with regular evaluations
- Source new suppliers & sub-contractors to add to the database
- Support Estimation/QS team with costs when required
- Provide feedback to Estimation team on deviations from budget or betterment opportunities to improve tender bid competitiveness and accuracy.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- To carry out assigned duties effectively and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/contractual strategies
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
|Saudi Arabia||2 Apr|
Solar Project - Procurement Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Senior Supply Chain & Procurement Management Analyst / Controller