Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to help GPC with its technology program, by running, executing and managing its related network streams.
Also, the candidate for this position will manage the network infrastructure operation within GPC’s Core and/or corporate system and maintain its required SLA.
Work as a project manager for one or more of the program sub-projects, and ensure its delivery within plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
• Planning, designing and implementing end-to-end network topologies as required.
• Configure and install routers, switches and other network devices.
• Capable of dealing with complex network requirements and designs.
• Studying areas of improvements, capacity increasing and infrastructure scaling.
• Forecasting network expansion and do capacity planning.
• Define and deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
• Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure.
• Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
• Mentor team members on technical issues.
• Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication).
• Maintain complete technical documentation.
• Create process documentation for all provisioning tasks.
• Conduct proof of concept for new systems and technologies.
• Monitor network performance and integrity and being pro-active for solving network issues before it effects the system.
• Engage in regular network troubleshooting activities and resolve network connectivity and reachability issues.
• Dealing with incident response systems.
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
• Perform occasional system upgrades.
• Contacting customers/members and provide L2 support to network related issues/inquiries.
• Engage in maintenance window activity related to network equipment.
• Update and tune ACL, filter-list, mac-list, and route-maps as required.
• Troubleshoot routing and switching protocols.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related. 3+ years’ experience network engineer in a working in critical environments.
• Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, web services and SOAP based protocol.
• API, web services integration tools and methods experience, / Knowledge / understanding
• Senior level hands-on skills (switching and routing)
• Network analysis and design skills
• Understanding and experience with:
• Network Monitoring Concepts
• Traffic management and measurement concepts.
• Connectivity technologies (DSL, SHDSL, FIBRE, FRAME, ATM)
• Firewall concepts
• Penetration testing & intrusion detection concepts
• Experience or understanding of virtualization technologies
• Platform Admin skills and experience (VMware vSphere, Linux, Windows)
• Knowledge of ISO 27001/27002 / PCI DSS / ITIL V3
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
Network Engineering Team Lead
A Leading Water & Beverages Company in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
Senior Systems Engineer