Job description / Role
• Directs and participates in process plant operations.
• These include but not limited to attending troubleshoots, logging and plotting operating data, communicate with DCS Panel Operator about major plants operating parameters particularly when there is any deviation.
• Takes part in start-up and shutdown activities and performs some operations-maintenance activities as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complies with safety, health, environment and security policy through implementation of Responsible Care requirements & environmental regulations.
• Adheres to preform activities based on company approved and updated SOP's.
• Complies with the rules on timekeeping, attendance and effective use of working hours.
• Expected to report earlier to duty.
• Observes all standard operating, emergency and what if procedures.
• Takes ownership of his assigned area and reports any unsafe acts and conditions observed during area surveillance and monitoring.
• Takes responsibility for the housekeeping of his assigned area, must observe all on-going jobs outside in his area.
• Complies with CAMEL (Continuous Awareness Must Eliminate Losses) process requirements.
• Ensures reporting are within the required target by his shift personnel and improves the quality of CAMEL observations being reported.
• Manages field activities of his area and enforces others to comply with proper use of PPE.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.