Job description / Role
Our client has grown to become the world's No. 1-ranked engineering design firm - delivering integrated, sustainable solutions that help clients and communities in every region of the world create and unlock new opportunities. They operate in 7 continents, have over 87,000 employees, are in 150+ countries and turnover in excess of $17.4Billion per annul. We are looking for Senior Planning Engineer to work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Planning Engineer is responsible for the overall evaluation and control of the assigned project schedules and performs schedule development, maintenance and monitoring of the planning/scheduling activities with minimal or no supervisory oversight.
They also manage various schedules to ensure that work is completed as scheduled and to identify schedule-associated cost trends for management attention and action. Responsible to support development of the monthly reports and to perform schedule assessments as requested.
- Takes a lead in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations as requested and checks and confirms that the correct scope of work is reflected on assigned schedules.
- Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Reviews and assesses the work sequences with the total project plan.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Develops quantity release and/or installation curves for assigned disciplines/areas or specialties.
- Reviews and approves invoice verification for payment based on cost-loaded schedules, as required.
- Reviews schedule data, identifies and acquires information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines, specialties and/or projects.
- Develops specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions for new work items assigned.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties and identifies significant activities supporting inter- discipline requirements and identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Identifies, analyzes and monitors schedule deviations for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/work-around solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports. Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule and prepares and presents the Critical Items Action Report.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate under the direction of the Lead Planner-Scheduler.
- 4-year Civil Engineering degree preferred or related technical field.
- 12 years of related work experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities is required.
- In addition, must be knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
- Proven ability to perform in a technical role, possess good written and oral communication skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Planning Manager (P-6 Expert)
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||3 Mar|
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||18 Mar|
Planning & Scheduling Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Project Controls Manager