Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to undertake the tasks of planning and scheduling of all relevant works as defined by the client throughout the contract period.
A typical week would include:
* Ensure proactive project planning, stakeholder relations, and risk management takes place across projects
* Prepare and update the project-wide enterprise schedules of all running & future projects in Primavera P6 Professional or Enterprise.
* Manage, monitor a schedule of planned resources required to deliver the project. Check the resources against the fee to ensure they balance forecast.
* Create and review tender Schedules during bidding phases.
* Create and review baselines, recovery/revised and updated periodic schedules.
* Review Senior Resident Engineer's weekly reports and provide Schedule inputs as required
* Incorporate additional works into Schedules as required and update / maintain additional works logs.
* Review and manage contractors Schedules
* Regularly review resource usage against the schedule and recommend/take corrective action where required.
* Establish Issue Register and follow-up issue's impacting the project's schedule.
* Generate detailed and executive summary reports for higher management.
* Monitor and analyze progress & efficiency of each project and report to supervisors and managers
* Assist in the review and preparation of documents to support claims management and in particular extensions of time.
* Present on all the above to Clients and internal managers.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* B.Sc degree in a relevant engineering discipline
* Proven experience in managing a team
* Planning of Professional Services (Engineering and consultancy services);
* Proven track record of having contributed to the development of procedures related to planning and schedule review.
* 15+ years of experience in planning management and cost engineering
* Certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management / P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to handle complex situations with professionalism and confidentiality.
* Must be fluent in English & Arabic
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance?
What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs?
What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy -
We strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.