Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivery of all aspects of design, specifically the deliverable requirements at preliminary and detailed design stages
- Ability to produce, review and approve concept design and option reports
- Produce, review and approve detailed designs of roundabouts and junctions conforming to AASHTO & DMRB standards
- Produce, review and approve project design drawings from concept to the tender stage
- Produce, review and approve Technical Specifications for various components involved in the design of the road network
- Preparation of project design reports and liaison with the client
- Manage the workloads for Highway team (Engineers/CAD Technician)
- Highly experienced and widely credible for technical knowledge, expertise and guidance
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent with more than 10 years experience, with 5 years in a similar project/role.
- Ideally you will be a Chartered Engineer (CEng with ICE / IStructE or equivalent)
- Excellent working knowledge of AASHTO & DMRB design standards for highways
- Excellent working knowledge of the design procedures for major highway projects
- Knowledge of Highway Design software (Civil 3D; MX Roads, InRoads)
- Excellent working experience in the geometric design of roads, roundabouts, junctions and interchanges, traffic projections and pavement design methodologies
- The Senior Highways Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
- Have an aptitude to multi-task and be self starting in new business environments
- Has good knowledge on traffic management for urban areas
- Experience of working in the Middle East
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).