Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Handling projects independently and successfully from start to completion
- Provide complete technical support on master planning and detailed designs of various utility networks and assets on masterplanning and real estate projects which include potable water network, fire and irrigation water network, waste water collection systems, street lighting, telecoms and LV/HV power networks.
- Provide complete technical guidance to the junior team members in the design phases
- Produce project design reports and maintain protocols on the internal correspondence with the team members and other departments
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs of potable water network in urban and rural environments
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs of fire and irrigation water network in urban and rural environments
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs of drainage networks
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs of gravity sewers and waste water collection systems
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs of LV and MV power networks
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs for street lighting
- Produce master planning inputs and detailed designs for telecom networks
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and Material Specifications for utility asset such as sewage treatment plants, reverse osmoses plants, district cooling and primary sub stations
- Preparation of project design reports and liaison with the client
- Manage the Infrastructure Design team (Junior Engineers/CAD)
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Masters in Civil Engineering would be advantageous (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Chartered status (or equivalent)
- 10 years relevant industry experience
- Considerable utilities design experience
- Considerable utilities design experience on master planning and real estate projects
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages like EPANET, WaterCAD, MicroDrainage, InfoWorks, SewerCAD, StormCAD,STAAD, DIALux etc
- A sound working knowledge of the latest design standards and codes
- Experience in Project Management and Bid Preparation
- Experience of managing, supporting, mentoring and developing more junior team members
- An ability to multi-task and be self starting in new business environments
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).