Senior Process Control Engineer
Job description / Role
• Support in defining Process Control Objectives for the processes and following up to ensure that sector objectives are in line with the global Refinery objectives and oversee the team' s activities in a way which support achievement of these objectives.
• Develop, implement, maintain and follow-up on usage of standard control loops and advanced process controller.
• Motivate Process Control engineers to ensure full participation and throughput.
• Manage and coordinate all project troubleshooting activities as assigned to Process Control engineers. Support by proposing an adequate advanced control solution to solve recurrent problems and issues.
• Validate advanced control proposals for modifications issued by the business teams.
• Ensure continuous knowledge management/sharing among all engineers.
• Prepare of division monthly reports with high quality and timely completion.
• Close coordination with the Process Control Superintendent to set the priorities of Process Control team in and allocate resources accordingly.
• Communication & Coordination with other divisions (Maintenance (CET & M&R), Process engineering, Business teams).
• Contribute to developing necessary Process Control yearly budget.
• Participate in negotiations over the support provided by external engineering offices/contractors in advanced control processes. Participate in vendor selection and performance monitoring of external engineers.
• Manage and instruct Process Control engineers in respective areas.
• Develop the training and development requirements of the subordinates.
• Forecast and control the budget and expenditures of the Organization.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent Process Control.
• Managing daily meeting and oversee daily activities,
• Ensures that Process Control Systems are following & maintaining high level of standard for Cyber Security to secure Refinery assets & production and data.
• Ensures that the refinery process control systems are maintained safely.
• Support in negotiations with various specialist maintenance support contracts.
• Drives a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
• Provide direction, motivation, training and technical support to subordinates.
• Provides reports and key performance indicators.
Main Competencies and Qualities:
• High level of self-motivation, team management and motivational skills.
• Strong knowledge of refinery processes and equipment functionality.
• Strong knowledge of design requirements for Safety instrumented systems, DCS and process control strategies.
• Strong Knowledge of industrial computing, digital communications technologies and Cyber security methods.
• Knowledge of company specifications, HSEQ, engineering and purchasing best practices.
• Ability to continuously drive for process improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks,
• Ability to think clearly and flexibly and to assess priorities based upon project and refinery needs.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong command of oral and written English.
• Capable of systematic and logical problem solving.
• Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 8 Years of significant experience of Control Engineering in a Petrochemical Environment.
• 3 Years of significant experience of managing people.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Excelsior Group ME
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL)