Job description / Role
Air Products is looking for a Senior Process Control Engineer to work in the Engineering Organization located in their office in Dhahran Techno Valley, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The work to perform is anticipated to be executed from the DTV office in Dhahran. However, the candidate can also be assigned to jobsites like JIGCC in Jazan, supporting maintenance and operation projects of that facility.
The successful candidate will be required to have a good approach to health, safety and environment and can work across multi discipline teams as well as different cultures around the world. We are looking for a candidate with good communication skills in both verbal and written English and all-round flexibility to commit time and effort to achieve project requirements.
The ability to travel on a planned basis and interfacing with other engineering offices in the UK, US, India and China is a requirement.
The successful candidate will work independently and serving in a lead position on projects, in which he/she reports to the Project Manager and in the matrix organization to his Line Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Knowledgeable technology resource for the Process Control engineering and design work.
• Be able to identify, propose, work out and implement solutions to solve deficiencies in existing design and construction, affecting start up, safety and availability of overall plant life cycle.
• Produces detailed design calculations and sketches for all Process Control work associated with the project.
• Develops conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach in solving engineering tasks at hand.
• Develop new documents, verify, check and provide comments and/or update existing documents.
• Develop, verify, check and provide comments on critical systems like DCS and ESD systems
• Prepare and check calculations made by other engineers or 3rd parties to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, and design criteria and conformance to good engineering practice
• Support P&ID development; help maintain the P&ID’s through the course of each project phase
• Provide technical direction to other Process Control Engineers and Designers.
• Participates in planning, cost development, management and scheduling activities for assigned projects
• Prepare engineering specification and requisition packages for inquiry to support proposal development
• Prepare technical bid evaluations and make recommendations to support proposal development
• Interface with suppliers to ensure compliance with specifications
• Review vendor data to assure specifications and project requirements are met.
• Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing is conform to functional specifications, recognized codes, standards, and customer requirements
• Interface with local authorities and implement local requirements and legislation in all related project documentation
• Managing outsourced work of 3rd party Engineering Companies
• Advises Project Engineering Managers concerning design or scope changes which initiate or require an Engineering Change Order
• Continues development of his technical knowledge, skills and potential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The Senior Process Control Engineer shall hold a B. Sc. Engineering Degree and minimum of 10+ years’ experience.
• Experience in brownfield projects and the following process technologies is recommended
• Cryogenic Air separation and liquefaction
• Cryogenic hydrocarbon and natural gas separation and liquefaction
• Helium recovery, purification/liquefaction
• Adsorption separation/purification systems
• Steam-methane reforming
• High-temperature catalysis
• Absorption systems
• Partial oxidation/gasification
• CO2 purification/liquefaction
• Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods. design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
• Experience in producing and checking documents like; I/O Lists, Range/Alarm/Trip/Shutdown schedules, system block diagrams, Cause/Effect Logic Matrix, Function Block Diagrams, Logic Narratives, Control Narratives, Complex Loop Narratives, Hardware/Software/Configuration Specs, Cutover Specs, Graphic Standards, PLC, DCS, ESD and SCADA systems.
• Experience in integration of Process Automation and Safety Control Systems between different Process Units
• Have working knowledge in the use of industry wide design software packages like SPI
• Knowledge of Saudi Aramco standards and procedures is recommended.
• Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work – identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements based on feedback and own previous experience.
• Working experience in specifying and selection of Process Control System equipment.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
• Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
• Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
• Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
• Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
• Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AIR PRODUCTS VALUES
All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.