Job description / Role
Company - Remote Location
Our client is founded by the Saudi government to bring all communities together and develop all sectors and fields with innovative solutions. The organization generates over $24 million in sales and has over 850 companies and 700 employees.
They are currently looking for a Senior Process Control Lead to be based in Saudi Arabia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop, test and implement efficient processes, SOP’s, Work Instructions, and visual aids for land and water side operations
• Actively engage in the implementation of various port systems including TOS and GOS throughout implementation phases prior and post go live.
• Lead Automation testing work streams to support implementation while delivering on milestone timelines, functional requirements, technology integration and functional requirements inside budget.
• Support automation and AI implementation by collaborating with suppliers during design, testing, installation, and commissioning activities. Including highlighting risks and identify mitigation along the way in a constructive manner.
• Support Automation and AI implementation through documentation and daily record keeping with status updates, roadblocks, failures and support required to support automation implementation and supplier contract management.
• Define and implement KPI based corrective actions and projects to increase productivity, efficiencies, quality and safety alongside cost control.
• Leading digital twin selection and implementation with internal and external counterparts to bug test and to test operational scenarios in advance of live operations
• Define and run test cases to identify ceilings on terminal performance and specific systems.
• Define and run test cases to validate contracted system performance indicators
• Ensure all container terminal processes are well documented and update to date, in line with Sea Mobility’s Business Process Programs.
• Support the design and creation of implementation plans, including resource allocation.
• Manage and monitor the execution of terminal process during operations in order to detect gaps, failures or exceptions in the processes and follow up through resolution.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures for health and safety at work.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree/preferably master’s degree in port and/or terminal management, or related business studies.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the container terminal operations as Process Controller, Supervisor/Manager, Planner, etc.
• Previous experience with container terminal implementations and startups
• Effective communication skills.
• Expertise and understanding of a conventional and semi-automated container terminal operations.
• Previous TOS experience a must.
• Ability to identify improvement strategies.
• Previous TOS implementation experience.
• Experience training others.
• Trained and competent in a range of Lean and six sigma.
• Process mapping experience.
• Stakeholder management skills.
• Strong English language.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering