Job description / Role
Process Engineering Department is an independent department under Engineering and Support function consisting of seven sections providing support for safe, reliable and stable operation of refinery and petrochemical units in Petro Rabigh
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience as line engineer and minimum 2 yrs. as senior engineer position for gas phase fluid bed process of polypropylene/polyethylene plants and preferably for Lyondell Basell / Exxon mobile/Dow chemicals/Sumitomo Chemical technology with full responsibility for major technical work such as evaluation of plant performance, developing and managing the KPI's, Performing the preliminary feasibility study with basic design packages for capital projects as well as debottlenecking projects.
• Must be familiar with different Linear low density polyethylene grades as well as polypropylene grades produced and their properties. Must have an in-depth knowledge of the operations and troubleshooting of polypropylene/ polyethylene gas phase technology.
• Can review plant design, operations, troubleshooting, control and optimization of chemical & physical advanced material process through systematic methods
• Develop standard operation procedure (SOP) for Utilities process and having process/operation trainer capability.
• Demonstrate very strong skills for incident and failure analysis, Root Cause Analysis, specific expertise in developing and reviewing specification, standards. Good knowledge of GMP, IMS standards.
• Provide Polypropylene and Poly ethylene Process Technology support for the plant; work with product development chemist to develop the products with market requirement. Strong knowledge and expertise for corrosion control.
• Must have strong data analysis skill and working knowledge to work with pi or exaquantum and PIMS system for analyzing the operation data to make proper inferences.
• Must develop energy and mass balance worksheet and variance analysis sheet for polymer plants.
• Should have strong working knowledge of simulation packages like PRO/II, SIMUL8, ASPEN-HYSIS and ASPEN Polypus. Should have strong working knowledge & skills of process control and process plant and energy optimization.
• Must be familiar with principles of mechanical, instrumental and electrical equipment.
• Must have experience of the catalyst performance, reaction evaluation and H/E as well as polymer critical equipment like extruder (JSW/KOBE/COPERION make), Pellet dryer, Compressors performance evaluation.
• A Bachelor in Chemical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
• The Professional Engineer (P.E.) or The Fundamentals Engineering (F.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration would be desirable but is not essential.
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal and writing), skills for conducting technical studies.
About the Company
Rabigh Refining & Petrochemical Co. - Petro Rabigh - was founded as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical in 2005. The plant is valued at US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives.
Our products are used in such end products as plastics, detergents, lubricants, resins, coolants, anti-freeze, paint, carpets, rope, clothing, shampoo, auto interiors, epoxy glue, insulation, film, fibers, household appliances, packaging, candles, pipes and many other applications.
Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $8.4 billion - 25% funded by the public and the remainder equally funded by Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. Petro Rabigh II is scheduled to be in full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and will produce a wide range of new products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Process Engineer - LDPE
Field Operator (Process)
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Control Room Operator
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
Senior Operator IGC