Job description / Role
Multinational chemical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join its Yanbu operation.
The role acts as an individual contributor and technical expert, responsible for process design of medium to large capital projects and process improvements, plant trials and performing complex process calculations and hazard reviews to meet Process safety requirements.
• Understand safety and environmental goals and objectives for the plant and department.
• Complete monthly safety KPI requirements.
• Apply technical knowledge to achieve business objectives with little, if any, technical guidance.
• Influence technology advancements both regionally and globally.
• Support business and technology teams and manufacturing initiatives as agreed in a timely manner.
• Develop the design scope specification for minor to major projects, ensuring appropriate input and sign-off.
• Support the business by providing technical direction to engineers within the company.
• Utilizes the Management of Change and Process Hazard Procedures to ensure the safe implementation of plant/process changes.
• Lead cross functional teams to improve plant efficiencies and reduce costs.
• Maintain and foster collaborative effort with other functional group teams locally and overseas to identify, establish, and share best practices.
• Contribute to adherence to safe working practices, high quality workmanship, and a proactive approach to teamwork, continuous improvement, and cost reduction.
• Assist R&D with trial development and lead major plant trials and issue reports of results, technical specifications and recommend process improvements, including coordination of shift coverage resources.
• Participate as the technical lead on PHA teams for major or complex unit operations.
• Manage requests through MOC process.
• Work with external vendors, contractors, suppliers, and technical personnel.
• Mentor new engineers through training and other engineers on site and globally on assignments.
• Coach engineers during training and on job assignments. Provide feedback to supervisor on initial performance.
• Participate on engineer candidate interview panel teams.
• Initiate and conduct technical investigations and innovations aimed at quality, cost, SHE, and reliability improvements.
• Responsible for undertaking assigned actions arising from change orders, audits, inspections, PHAs, PHRs, RCAs etc. related to the process.
• Participate/lead alarm management improvement programs
• Carry out design calculations and check/approve information of equipment including safety critical equipment.
• Provide day to day technical support to operations team, including duty weekend coverage, as required.
• Contribute to and use global and industry best practice, experience, and knowledge in process engineering.
• Degree or master’s in chemical engineering
• At least 15 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, with minimum of 12 years as a Process Engineer
• Experienced in project management, supervising, and directing a team, performing, and verifying complex process design calculations, and providing guidance and mentoring junior Engineers
• Experienced in Process Control engineering and technology
• A transferrable iqama is a MUST
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Senior Process Engineer (LNG Terminal Design/Ops)
Senior Process Engineer (Gas Processing Facilities / Package Skids)
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||2 Nov|
|Abu Dhabi||14 Nov|
Senior Principal Process Engineer