Job description / Role
• The job has a major role in maintaining / improving the profitability and HSE performance of process units in LDPE plant. Candidate is responsible for the development of simulation models of various process units for plant optimization and to identify bottlenecks. It includes the development of new projects, plant modifications, preparation of engineering design packages & review of application of new technology/ process developments in existing plants.
• Close working with Technical & Major Projects and Strategy and Business Development teams with respect to execution of new projects is another responsibility. The incumbent should interact with technology licensors, and others to find the most suitable options.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
• Subject matter expert; this role requires to support to others in his area of expertise all unit operations of LDPE / EVA plants including Hyper compressor system, Tubular Reactor, Separation, Recovery system, Extruder & Pelletizers etc.,
• Unit Revamp & expansion; Identify revamp opportunities through interaction with technology suppliers, industry experience, simulation and assist plant capacity test runs.
• Techno-Economic Studies for Cost reduction ideas; Reviews preliminary assessment of Affiliate support group for improving Profit and reduce costs.
• Projects / Plant modifications; Conceptualize, develop process packages for plant modifications. Support detailed engineering activities by reviewing PFDs, P&IDs, data sheets and drawings. Participates in HAZOP (CAPEX related), commissioning and performance tests.
• Review of existing & exploring new technologies; Reviews existing technology while keeping abreast of new developments to determine its suitability/ feasibility.
• Application of modern tools; The incumbent should use the process engineering simulation tools such as ASPEN suite, other software packages & computer tools to develop plant simulation models for revamp studies and plant optimization.
• Mentoring/Training to develop Junior Engineers; Required to train and guide Junior Engineers
• Liaison with R&D: Communicate within and outside the company for chronic matters pertaining to affiliates and the development of new applications of existing products.
• Liaison with Strategy and Business Development & Major Projects; Provide support for matters pertaining to the selection of technologies.
• Liaison with Licensors; Coordinate with Licensors for matters pertaining to technology and ongoing issues in the Plants
About the Candidate
• Graduate course (B.Sc. / B.E.) in Chemical Engineering
• 10–20 Years of experience in LDPE Petrochemical, or related plants in Process engineering discipline.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.