Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Senior Procurement Engineer to support the development of a procurement strategy, material selection, managing suppliers, facilitating credit negotiations, and bid evaluation, to meet the financial and operational requirements for one of our major on-going projects in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Support the development of a procurement strategy, sourcing and procurement plans to be implemented across the business
* Work with the Business Units to ensure a clear process is established for the purchase and / or lease of materials and that achieves best value during the bidding process
* Manage preferred supplier partnerships, monitoring performance and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
* Responsible for the governance and controls of all aspects of the procurement process
* Incorporates best practices and market research into procurement practices to ensure WSP obtains value for money
* Makes recommendations on policies and procedures as needed to ensure the success and compliance of all procurement related activities
* Manage and maintain the ERP Procurement module and the setting up of catalogue items, supporting managers as required on their product requirements
* Manages and reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services and ensures compliance the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as applicable local laws
* Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure the best practices are being adopted on the management of key suppliers / partners
* Ensure we conform to the highest standards (ethical, social diversity and environmental), in both the way we work and the goods and services that are procured
* Contribute to the delivery of the programme in a timely, efficient, sustainable and safe manner whilst achieving commercial targets, meeting client expectations and enhancing the reputation of the business
* Examine estimates and delivery schedules
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Bachelor Degree with minimum 10 years experience in Procurement/Commercial Support in Programme Management and Construction Management consultancy environment including cost planning, tendering process, managing variations and closing Final Account, preferably in the Middle East
* High level of commercial awareness and ability to understand contract terms and conditions
* Excellent communicator at all levels (oral and written)
* Recognised Procurement/Commercial/Construction qualification (or working towards)
* Procurement management experience on mixed-use projects
* Process driven, focus on detail and enjoy working with data
* High standard of Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups & Pivot Tables
* The ability to interpret project requirements and procedures
* Demonstrable experience in carrying out witness inspection and testing of systems and conducting detailed reporting
* The ability to coordinate multiple activities in a logical and orderly manner
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able interact effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and colleagues
* The capability to work in a disciplined manner with little supervision
* Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, & Databases)
* Experience on large-scale mixed-use developments
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.