Job description / Role
We are currently looking for Senior Procurement Managers to support growth in our Strategic Procurement team. This is an opportunity to take an influential role in multi-billion Riyal mixed-use development programmes in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
These are exciting opportunities to be part of a business with a strong reputation for delivering high quality services to a varied portfolio of clients and projects.
Working within integrated client teams, you will use your behavioral a technical skill to share your knowledge/experience and work jointly with our clients and their other supply chain partners to develop/deliver solutions to complex project challenges.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the clients, consultants and contractors to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of procurement requirements;
• Developing the clients brief and procurement strategy, leading the development of new and established supply chain solutions;
• Coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams;
• Managing the entire procurement process for consultants, contractors, and specialist suppliers including: long lists, short lists, prequalification, tendering, mid tender meetings, writing award recommendation reports, contract award;
• Compiling RFPs and tender documents and managing the outputs from others as required i.e. design information, scope of works, forms of contract;
• Liaising with other experts on contract forms and insurance requirements;
• Researching the supply chain (locally and internationally) to understand options, constraints, lead in times, current workloads, experience in sector;
• Securing and procuring all key packages for contractors and consultants.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Experience of working in a client focused environment - working closely with clients, colleagues and other consultants to build and maintain relationships;
• Ability to implement commercial and procurement policy and advise client teams;
• Ability to take personal responsibility in dealing with clients and stakeholders while striving to exceed their expectations;
• Ability to manage personal workload and a significant portion of projects in cooperation with line manager;
• Experience leading the strategy development, procurement and delivery of projects;
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player;
• Suitable experience of major capital programmes and complex projects;
• KSA and International project experience;
• Excellent document drafting and analysis skills;
• Knowledge of project management processes.
Your qualifications will include:
• Degree qualified - within a construction or business related discipline
• Membership of RICS, CIPS or equivalent
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary;
• Transportation allowance;
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Annual leave;
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE