Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to support growth in our Program and Project Management teams. This is an opportunity to take an influential role in a multi-billion riyals multi-use development giga program in central and remote locations across Saudi Arabia.
Remote Client sites, KSA
• Shall be based within a Compass Office or any Client office as per the requirements of the project.
• Compass is an award-winning, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that can deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes & backgrounds from concept right through to operational hand-over.
• The Senior Procurement Manager will head up the procurement element of the project and will be responsible for the day-to-day onsite procurement activities (must have knowledge of OPEX Procurement), liaising with the Client and their appointed consultants and representatives.
• Responsible for ensuring that all members of the procurement team carry out their work as required by the Client.
• When required, the Procurement Manager may provide input for strategic procurement decisions, this however will be done in collaboration with the wider Program or Project Management teams.
• This role will involve direct management of the procurement team acting as part of the Program or Project Management structure.
• This role will be varied in its scope depending on the project requirements however, the focus will be on the successful delivery of the day-to-day procurement activities.
• The Senior Procurement Manager will also be providing input into the creation of standardised procurement processes and procedures for the project for approval by the Client. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities comply with these approved processes and procedures.
Role & Responsibility
• Your responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with clients, consultants and contractors to ensure that procurement requirements are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Develop brief and procurement strategy, leading to the development of new and well-established supply chain solutions.
• Coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to build strong, long-term relationships and integrated teams.
• Manage the entire procurement process for specialist consultants, contractors and suppliers including: longlists, shortlists, pre-qualification, tenders, mid-tender meetings, award writing recommendations reports, contract awarding.
• Compile RFPs and Bid Documents and manage outputs from others as required, such as design information, scope of works and contract forms.
• Liaising with others on contract forms and insurance requirements.
• Research the supply chain (domestic and international) to understand options, constraints, lead time, current workloads and industry experience.
• Securing and purchasing all major packages for contractors and consultants.
• Experience working in a client-focused environment – working closely with clients, colleagues and other consultants to build and maintain relationships.
• Clear understanding of SLAs and the scoping or the approach to OPEX Procurement
• Experience in leading strategy development, procurement and project delivery.
• Operating within large capital programs and complex projects.
• 10 years of experience in Procurement profession.
• 5 years of experience in the Middle East.
• Ability to implement commercial policy, procurement and advice to customer teams.
• Responsibility of managing clients and stakeholders while striving to exceed their expectations.
• Manage personal workload and a large part of projects in collaboration with the project lead.
• Excellent document drafting and analysis skills.
• Knowledge of project management processes.
• Knowledge of FIDIC contracts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
• A property or construction related degree will be highly regarded.
• CIPS and/or RICS Accreditation will be highly regarded.
About the Company
We achieve greater project results by offering the best talent, supported by a robust ecosystem, and driven by a common goal. We truly are the ‘Compass’ our clients turn to, for tailored project development consultancy services throughout the MENA region.
Believing the sum of all pieces is stronger, Compass have forged a strategic partnership with Dar Al Arkan, one of the region’s leading real estate developers. Together, we are building a truly progressive and cohesive alliance with the shared vision of enhancing built-environments and ultimately communities, throughout the Middle East and further afield.
Offering an integrated real estate development consultancy, our pooled experience delivers a world-class ecosystem of competencies for our Clients and a Team that will surpass the exacting requirements of each unique project.
As highly regarded project leaders and effective communicators, the Team at Compass delivers remits for some of the region's most ambitious and innovative change-makers, with this in mind, we are always looking for strong personalities to join us in our mission to evolve tomorrow, today.
Procurement Manager - Associate Director
Compass Project Consulting
Senior Procurement Manager
|Saudi Arabia||27 Jul|
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Procurement Performance Manager
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jul|