Job description / Role
The Senior Procurement Representative's role is to assist with managing the major direct material expenditures, specifically in the areas of raw materials, packaging materials, and contract manufacturing, as well as provide country support.
Our client is a global chemicals manufacturing organization with presence in over 150 countries.
* Serve as a role model in leading compliance, safety, and ethical initiatives on both regional and global levels.
* Oversee day-to-day operations within assigned supplier relationships and categories/regions
* Address service level and quality complaints as needed for existing suppliers.
* Identify, communicate, and support process improvements for assigned areas and stakeholders.
* Use TDC sourcing processes and tools to effectively manage assigned sub-categories.
* Propose and execute sourcing strategies and savings projects within assigned sub-categories.
* Handle sourcing for part of GMI and Localization projects.
* Act as a second line of defense to ensure orders adhere to contracted delivery terms, investigating and resolving issues as necessary.
* Identify alternate suppliers and/or materials/processes, and manage the approval process.
* Own the contract process for assigned categories/region, ensuring that contracts are updated, accurate, and uploaded in the required contract system.
* Handle financial reporting of savings projects and headwinds, and manage the tight materials process to ensure security of supply.
* Support quality systems by engaging with suppliers to work towards successful corrective action resolution and continued quality.
* Lead savings projects, TDC sourcing processes, or other initiatives that support team goals.
* Manage and lead the assigned team.
* Collaborate with regional/global sourcing teams.
* Attractive salary package and benefits
* Exposure to management both within and across departments
* Bachelor's Degree in related field (Candidate with Chemical background preferred).
* Minimum 4 years of raw materials / chemicals procurement experience.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.