Job description / Role
- Perform progress measurement to validate project performance.
- Analyze progress and work with Project Managers and Site Engineers to improve the performance.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Oversee project performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
- Manage Construction/Trade Contractor Work package quantities, man-hours, duration including measurements and valuations.
- Estimating & Preparing an accurate Bill of Quantities documents according to the scope of each Construction Work Package.
- Receive, validate and recommend monthly valuations/payments for the project to the Project Manager and Project Controls Manager including verifying man hours, site measures, volumes (Quantities) done, day works claims, additional work requests, claims and the like.
- Maintains accurate records to help resolve contractual conflicts and disputed claims with Client.
- Estimate and validate planned scope volumes and achievements for progress measurement in the format and time required under the Contract.
- Knowledge and awareness of Construction linked planning network, knows what effects constraints have on schedule calculations and critical path and discuss and coordinate with construction planners.
- Assess existing management procedures on Projects including time, cost, cash flow and payment matters and recommend improvements if necessary.
- 10 to 15 years of a professional work experience in Quantity Surveying and Progress Measurement roles in Building and Infrastructure Projects.
- Good knowledge of computer-based cost, estimating and planning tools, adept in the use of Excel, Microsoft Office, P6, AutoCAD, or equivalent packages.
- Understanding and ability to apply generally accepted estimating, planning and project control practices to budget quantity, man-hours and resource loaded schedule.
- Application and understanding of engineering documentation, standards and specifications.
- Ability to interpret project controls documentation and prepare planning / reporting documents in accordance with industry standard practices.
- Extensive experience using Primavera Project Management software.
- Be able to effectively communicate concerns, complexities, general project controls information and other considerations to varied audiences including clients, departmental management, engineering, project and construction management, and project teams.
- Be able to define and prepare accurate and meaningful reports, narratives, letters and memorandum which clearly communicate status, issues or other concerns on behalf of the program controls department.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).