Job description / Role
The main responsibilities include reviewing, recommending revisions to, and, approving all required contractual documentation. The Contracts Manager reviews contractual terms and conditions to ensure compliance with prescribed procurement requirements and conducts fee negotiations, and drafts and revises policies and operating guidelines as necessary.
The Contracts Manager supports the PD by providing contractual advice and assisting in contract negotiations and contract activities throughout all Program phases, for the delivery and execution of all related programs to support the PD oversight of the client Project.
The Contract Manager will have proven experience and achievement in the management and review of the contractual aspects of large complex construction projects and evidence of successful negotiations of substantial claims and variations.
• Play a leading and pivotal role in supporting the project executives, leaders and project managers in monitoring and controlling the performance of contracted services to ensure services are effective, meet statutory requirements and deliver the desired outcomes.
• Manage Contract Administration Team.
• Coordinate all matters regarding contract administration, claims, disputes, contract interpretation and cost analysis.
• Develop, implement and manage systems and procedures for the monitoring of external and internal contracts to ensure that contractual compliance issues are resolved both timely and effectively.
• Make knowledgeable recommendations regarding contract procurement and types of underlying contracts and agreements.
• Lead the continuous improvement of commercial processes through refining contract formulation activities, systems and procedures.
• Identify potential claims, checking for compliance with applicable contractual terms and ensuring effective negotiation and settlement of claims.
• Prepare claims to effectively negotiate with contractors, including the calculation of losses incurred through defaults on contractual obligations.
• Formulate suggestions to remedy failure to meet contractual obligations.
• Oversee financial budget to ensure the cost-effectiveness and value for money of contracts.
• Responsible for all financial contract management activities including the review and the approval of payment certificates, invoicing from subcontractors and to the client.
• Understanding of Planning concepts
• All other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor degree
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience in mega projects
• Recent experience in a senior contracts administration role either managing a contracts administration/claims team handling major contractual disputes.
• Experience with a contractor at a management level or with an engineering consultant or claims consultancy providing consultancy advice on contracts, procurement and disputes as well as expert witness work.
• Proven track record in all stages of the project life cycle from contractual frameworks to cost estimation to site management and cost management through to contract administration and disputes.
• Ability to guide staff, critique and challenge objectively and with confidence.
• KSA Government Procurement Law contract knowledge
• Experience developing successful relationships at a senior level
• Direct experience interfacing with executive management
Skills & Abilities
• Proven ability to work independently and under pressure, while using good judgment, when making Program related decisions that drive project delivery forward.
• Possess the exceptional interpersonal skills required to productively collaborate, negotiate, reach consensus and finalize project decisions.
• Commitment to excellence and possessing high expectations for the position
• Ability to comfortably and knowledgably manage throughout all phases of the Program including planning, procurement, design, and construction phases.
• Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with Contract Administration.
About the Company
A leading Group in Saudi Arabia.
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Project Manager / Project Director
Project Director - Arabic Speaker
Project Control Manager
A Leading Group In Saudi Arabia
Ignite Search & Selection