Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior project controls manager to work on a prestigious high-rise tower project based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Leading a team of professionals responsible for reporting against all aspects of the project consultant and contractor performances
• Establishing the compliance requirements with programme-wide reporting frameworks and adherence to quality standards in performing and maintaining policies and procedures
• Overseeing and taking responsibility for the preparation of monthly management reports
• Creating control programmes and budgets and performing reviews to authenticate cost reports and change notices
• Managing earned value reporting and being responsible for budgeting and forecasting
• Monitoring field progress using earned value principles, managing KPIs and identifying cost and schedule trends as part of management reporting
• Overseeing and controlling processes to manage any contractor claims for delay and disruption
• Recommending training and professional development of project control staff
• Monitoring functional staffing plans and supporting the hiring of project controls personnel
• Implementing and ensuring cost control processes to report on estimates, expenditures and cost commitments accurately
• Managing scope control and change management
• Producing and maintaining accurate project schedules and understanding schedule resources loading
• Conducting audits as necessary to review accuracy, quality and completeness of project database records and documents
• BSc in construction management, engineering, architecture, planning, management information system, or equivalent
• Strong experience using MS Office suite and Primavera (P6)
• A minimum of 20 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
• Accredited to a relevant professional body such as APM, CIOB or PMP
• Experience working on high-rise projects, fit-outs, testing and commissioning and tenancy co-ordination
• Highly experienced in implementing construction project controls management information systems, dashboards and toolkits based upon accountability and traceability
• Highly experienced in developing project management plans (PMP) with multiple stakeholders and in developing a suite of project plans
• Ability to define in detail the set of reporting indices - schedule, cost, risk, safety, quality and other performance indicators
• Post-contract experience in handover and final accounts
• Middle East experience essential
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
• Well-organized, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Project Controls Manager - Sports Development
Menasa & Partners
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Project Manager - Civils Construction
Project Control Engineer
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering