Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
The Senior Project Coordinator - 3D must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The Senior Project Coordinator have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for planning and overseeing a specific project or a wide range of different construction projects from beginning to end. Through balancing project costs to meet budgets, keep track of supplies, collaborate with architects and designers, monitoring and controlling of contractors and subcontractors, while ensuring all regulations are met and permits acquired. Senior Project Coordinator handle both administrative and hands-on work while managing construction projects.
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
- Anticipate and address problems that may arise
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, designers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and key team members of the project team
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
- Determine the necessary resources needed to deliver projects according to schedule
- Ensure all appropriate permits and licenses from local authorities for construction works are in obtained and in order
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Ensure supplies and materials are ordered and delivered according to schedule
- Evaluate and develop risk management strategy
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Manage the project budget and estimate costs
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end through detailed and accurate project planning
- Prepare reports regarding project progress
- Train and mentor construction team
What you'll need to succeed
- BSc/BA degree in interior design, Architecture, Engineering, or another related field.
- PMP or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset.
- LEED or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset.
- Extensive previous work experience managing construction projects.
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials, equipment, systems and construction management processes.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources.
- Outstanding communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management with capabilities to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties.
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience.
- Previous work experience in construction management or another similar role with strong and proven leadership skills.
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.