Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is looking for a Western Educated Senior Project Engineer for a PMC role with a major oil company based in KSA.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Job Purpose & Scope:
• As a member of the Project Management Services (PMS), provide GES+ Contractors and the client Project Management Teams effective consultancy and guidance in the execution of client's Onshore Capital Projects.
• Support improvement initiatives in GES+ Contractor’s project execution by leveraging experience and good project management practices.
• Provide effective engagement and direction in the continuous improvement of General Engineering Services Plus (GES+) Contractors processes, procedures and systems in project execution.
• Provide effective consultancy to client's Project Management Team processes, procedures and systems as required.
• Responsible for the implementation of Project Management Quality Index (PMQI) for GES+ Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital projects, to monitor project management quality and compliance performance.
• Provide project engineering leadership in engaging with GES+ Contractor and project management team in addressing shortfall in the following areas:
• Initiation and Planning
• Monitoring and Control
• Establish effective communication interfaces with GES+ Contractors, client and PMS team.
• Participate, initiate and manage continuous improvement in processes and procedures for the PMS program and the client.
• Identify areas of concern with respect to project progress, recommending corrective actions and necessary engagement with project stakeholders.
• Responsible for reporting / issuing progress report of assigned project management issues and corrective actions
• Lead task force where required to undertake improvement and alignment initiatives involving multiple stakeholders.
• Participate in project technical and quality audits.
• Participate and evaluate effectiveness of project Value Improving Workshops (Value Engineering, Risk Management, Project Planning & Team Alignment, Lesson Learned etc)
• Regular reporting to PMS management team
• Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
• Reporting to PMS Design Coordinator
• Interface with PMS Team – Engineering
• GES+ Contractor Engineering and Project Management Teams
• Saudi Aramco Integrated Project Management Team
• Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
• Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
• Able to make judgement in making decisions and solve problems; knows when to seek advice.
• Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors
• Bachelor of Science Engineering
• Minimum 15 years post graduate experience.
• Minimum 10 years of project execution experience in the oil & gas industry.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
• Mandatory experience in pre-FEED, FEED, Detail Design and EPC project execution
• Hands on project engineering / interface management experience
• Construction / Commissioning / Operations experience is not mandatory but desirable
• Good leadership and teambuilding skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Cultural awareness.
• Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 working days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).