Job description / Role
The Senior Project Manager will manage software Implementation projects of GE software for customers as part of the new GE Power Digital business. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in the MEA region, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
- Primary customer contact for the duration of each project
- May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
- Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
- Translate customer needs/requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Negotiate change orders with the customers
- Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
- Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or Subcontractors
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with strong experience in an engineering or project management position and/or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- Relevant experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
- Excellent knowledge of Power Plant Operations, Equipment and performance as well as value drivers
- Relevant project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment.
- Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services or a GE Field Engineer with at least five-year experience in a Power Plant
- Understanding of GE software products such as Predix, Proficy, CSens,
- Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis
- Able to define critical problems to be solved
- Identifies data sources required to execute analytic
- With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques
- Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives
- Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate
- Applies data visualization to support finding
- Can instruct others on processes and procedures
- Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues
- Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use
- Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management
- Defines quality requirements
- Modifies processes to simplify
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues
- Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions
- Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices
- Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
- Serves as expert to solve highly critical escalated issues
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.